Calculus and Vectors & Matrices Assignments

In summary, Ivy spoke to her maths teacher on friday and he said that the question was fine. Despite this, she still needs help with the assignment and is looking for someone to type it up for her.
CrazyEgg

Homework Statement

A field is defined by f(i)=2i+1; f(j)=(j^2)-2 and f(k)=(-k^2)-2
a. Describe the Surface
b. Find the gradient of the surface at the point

This is the last question of an assignment but I actually have no dea on how to even start doing it.

Also I've finished 2 assignments, but I really need to get 100% on both so is it possible for someone on here to check thorugh my working out please?
One is a calculus assignment and the other is vectors and matrices (the question above is from that assignment)

Hope you can help

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
CrazyEgg said:

Homework Statement

a. Describe the Surface
What surface? You have not given any surface!

What point? You have given no surface and no point.

This is the last question of an assignment but I actually have no dea on how to even start doing it.

Also I've finished 2 assignments, but I really need to get 100% on both so is it possible for someone on here to check thorugh my working out please?
One is a calculus assignment and the other is vectors and matrices (the question above is from that assignment)
If you give your working and answers here, we'll see what we can do.

Hope you can help

Thanks

Thanks for the reply

that's the weird thing about the question, all the information that I typed is all the info that it gives.
I'll be going in today to actually ask the teacher about it.

The thing with the other 2 assignments is that they are in 2 pdf files, should I post a zip file of the 2 assignments on this thread?

CrazyEgg said:

Homework Statement

in any case, this makes no sense. I assume that i, j, and k are the unit coordinate vectors but then "2i+ 1" , "j^2", and "k^2" are not defined. Does the problem say anything about what i, j, and k are?

a. Describe the Surface

Hope you can help

Thanks

I looked over the entire assignment and I found points for i, j and k in 2 different questions
i and j are position vectors while k is a 3d position vector

i= (6, -2) j= (-4, -3) and k=(3, 4, 0)

Does this help?

Also Ivy, could you have a look at my assignment work?
you could pm me your e-mail and I can send them to you as an attachment?

Is there still something wrong with the question?

This is the only question that I have not answered in my assignment and I would really appreciate it if you could help me out please.

I spoke to my maths teacher on friday and he said that the question was fine.

He also said that the assignment needs to be typed up on the computer and even though I wrote mine using a wacom tablet in pdf format he says that I won't be eligable for the top grades because it is not typed up.

It would be amazing if someone could type it up for me and I can actually pay them to do it. I have already answered all the questions (except that question on my first post) so all you would need to do is give it a check and type it up

Any help will be appreciated.

Related to Calculus and Vectors & Matrices Assignments

What is Calculus?

Calculus is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of change and motion. It involves the use of mathematical methods to find and analyze rates of change, as well as the accumulation and properties of continuous quantities.

What are vectors and matrices?

Vectors and matrices are mathematical structures used to represent quantities and relationships between them. Vectors are one-dimensional arrays of numbers, while matrices are two-dimensional arrays of numbers.

How are calculus and vectors/matrices related?

Calculus and vectors/matrices are closely related as they are both used to study and analyze quantities and their relationships. Calculus is often used to find the derivative or rate of change of a vector or matrix, while vectors and matrices are used to represent and manipulate equations and functions in calculus.

How are calculus and vectors/matrices used in real life?

Calculus and vectors/matrices have many practical applications in fields such as physics, engineering, economics, and computer graphics. They are used to model and solve real-world problems involving motion, optimization, and data analysis.

What are some common challenges in completing calculus and vectors/matrices assignments?

Some common challenges in completing these assignments include understanding and applying complex mathematical concepts, correctly interpreting and setting up problems, and managing time and calculations efficiently. It is important to practice regularly and seek help when needed to overcome these challenges.