Calculating Damage: The Physics Behind Throwing Water in a Game

• Thread starter nexteon
  • Start date
In summary, calculating damage in a game that involves throwing water is based on the principles of physics. The amount of damage depends on the mass, velocity, and direction of the water being thrown, as well as the impact surface and distance. The kinetic energy of the water is transferred upon impact, causing damage to the target. Factors such as gravity and air resistance also play a role in determining the damage caused by the water. Understanding these physics concepts can help players strategize and optimize their water throwing tactics in the game.
nexteon
How did you find PF?
I find this PF out of my curiosity for figuring out questions about physics and how I can apply them via Google search.
Hello all,
I am a computer game design and development major at Kennesaw State University. I just got curious about a physics-based game I'm conceptualizing. I know I need physics to answer certain topics about my game and how it would make sense to me and others as I go towards development. One question that really sparks me to reach out to this website is "How would I calculate the damage anything would take if a human were to pick up water and throw it?". This leads to other questions, but this is the main focus would be answering that question. This really got me fascinated by figuring out more about physics. As I was researching beforehand, I believe the answers to my questions would be related to classical, modern, or Classical mechanical physics. I look forward to learning and figuring out these problems together.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
jedishrfu said:
Welcome to PF!
Thank you the reply. I look forward to learning.