Bloomsbury National Honors Society

• Thread starter aclark609
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Honors
In summary, the conversation discusses an email invitation to join a particular honor's society and the doubts raised about its legitimacy. The society, called Bloomsbury Honor Society, is a student-run project that requires payment for membership. However, there is limited information available about the society and it is not listed on the general honor society list. The conversation concludes with the suggestion to check with the school and congratulations on the individual's 4.0 GPA.
aclark609
I received an email from this particular honor's society requesting that I join. Has anyone on here heard anything about it? I have a 4.0 gpa with 57 credit hours, and they say that only a select few members are inducted each academic year, but . . . you know how that goes.

Physics news on Phys.org
Never heard of it and it's not on the list. A lot of scams go on at this time of year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_society#General_Honor_Societies

I checked out the webite
Bloomsbury Honor Society is a student-run global social enterprise project founded in 2011.

And you have to pay them. but you get a nifty membership card.

Can you check with your school to see if they have any idea?

Also, their website claims they have been around since 2011, but their website has only been in existence since March 14th, 2013. Seems the website is pretty much unknown.

http://www.scamvoid.com/check/bloomsburysoc.org

Anyway, congratulations on your hard work and GPA!

Last edited:
Likes 1 person
I'll check this following week with my advisers. Thank you for the input.

Related to Bloomsbury National Honors Society

1. What is the Bloomsbury National Honors Society?

The Bloomsbury National Honors Society is an organization that recognizes and celebrates academic achievement, leadership, and service among high school students. It is a prestigious society that promotes the development of well-rounded, successful individuals.

2. How do I become a member of the Bloomsbury National Honors Society?

To become a member of the Bloomsbury National Honors Society, you must meet certain criteria set by your school's chapter. This typically includes having a minimum GPA, demonstrating leadership qualities, and participating in community service activities. You will also need to go through an application process and be selected by the society's faculty council.

3. What are the benefits of being a member of the Bloomsbury National Honors Society?

Being a member of the Bloomsbury National Honors Society can provide many benefits, including access to scholarship opportunities, leadership and networking opportunities, and the chance to be recognized for your academic and service accomplishments. It can also enhance your college applications and provide a sense of pride and accomplishment.

4. Is the Bloomsbury National Honors Society only for students with high grades?

While maintaining a high GPA is an important aspect of the Bloomsbury National Honors Society, it is not the only requirement. The society also values leadership skills, service to the community, and character. So, even if your grades are not perfect, you may still have a chance to become a member if you excel in these other areas.

5. Can I join the Bloomsbury National Honors Society as a college student?

The Bloomsbury National Honors Society is typically only available for high school students. However, some colleges may have their own chapters of the society that you can join if you meet their criteria. It is best to check with your college's administration or honors program to see if this is an option for you.