Best way to go about earning the following Certifications?

In summary, the individual is a student at a local community college and has already earned a Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification. They are interested in obtaining a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification, but do not yet have the required 3+ years of job experience. They are also looking for part-time internships or co-ops in order to gain experience and pay for their tuition and books. In addition, they are planning to study for several IT certifications to help with their financial needs. However, finding part-time internships and professional-level work has proven to be difficult.
TheMacNerd
[Mentor's note: Posts from two threads have been merged into one]

I already earned my Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt from High School... For those who don't know: Lean Six Sigma is a Business Certification for Quality Engineering.

Anyway, I would like to go for my Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification but it says it requires 3+ Years of Job experience on your Resume. At the moment I only have 5 months worth of Professional IT Job experience / internships / on the job training. I'm currently a student at my local CC, which I am already paying a lot of $$ (Money) for tuition & books, but the thing is I want a certification probably starting over one of the summer breaks to help pay tuition & books.

The Lean Six Sigma Certifications I heard from my Instructor don't expire.

Anyway, I want to find a way in my schedule or something to get the next level up Lean Six Sigma Certification. Whether it's Six Sigma Yellow Belt Internships or co-ops then that would be nice, but the problem is that:

A): Those are considered full-time positions & there are hardly any part-time internships, as they are "Professional Level" Jobs. And I'm a full-time student at the CC. (16 Credit hours this semester).
B): I need 3+ years of Job XP before it makes sense to go for the training to get the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Here are the IT Certifications I would like to start studying for to help pay my CC tuition & books, as well as for other things I might need:

- Red Hat Certified Network Engineer (RHCE) Certification
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- Cisco CCENT / CCNA Routing & Switching and / or Security

Again, I'm a full-time student at the CC, & I might be looking for a (hopefully) Part-time Internships & Co-Ops, but those are EXTREMELY Hard to find & hard to get in the first place. I'm starting to look for Professional-Level work now, as I am now considered to be a "Professional-Level" Student.

Related to Best way to go about earning the following Certifications?

1. What are the benefits of earning certifications?

Earning certifications can provide many benefits such as increased job opportunities, higher salary potential, and enhanced credibility and expertise in a specific field.

2. How do I choose which certifications to pursue?

It is important to research the industry and job market to determine which certifications are in demand and align with your career goals. You can also consult with professionals in your field and review job postings to see which certifications are preferred by employers.

3. What is the best way to prepare for certification exams?

The best way to prepare for certification exams is to thoroughly review the exam objectives and study materials provided by the certification organization. It may also be helpful to take practice exams and attend training courses or workshops.

4. Can certifications be earned online?

Yes, many certifications can be earned online through virtual training courses and exams. However, some certifications may require in-person training and proctored exams.

5. How long does it take to earn a certification?

The time it takes to earn a certification varies depending on the complexity of the subject matter and the individual's level of experience and knowledge. Some certifications may require several months of studying and preparation, while others may only take a few weeks.