Best Version of Euler: Elements of Algebra

In summary, there are many editions of Euler's Elements of Algebra available on Amazon, causing confusion for readers. Similarly, the same confusion exists for Euclid's Elements. One recommended edition is the Cambridge University Press edition, which is of high quality, albeit not cheap. The typing in this edition is also considered to be of good quality.
MidgetDwarf
So I want to read Euler's : Elements of Algebra. However, I see many editions on Amazon. What is the best version of this book?

Physics news on Phys.org
Good Question. I think the same confusion exists for Euclid's Elements. I could never figure out which edition to buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
mathwonk said:
i have not seen them all, but mine is the cambridge university press edition which is not cheap, but excellent.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/110800296X/?tag=pfamazon01-20

The price is not steep for a book that is deemed to be of quality mathematics.

One question tho. Is the typing in the Cambridge version nice, i.e., not of the typeset Dover books are?

Last edited by a moderator:
it is high quality.

Related to Best Version of Euler: Elements of Algebra

1. What is "Best Version of Euler: Elements of Algebra"?

"Best Version of Euler: Elements of Algebra" is a book written by the famous mathematician Leonhard Euler. It is a comprehensive guide to the principles of algebra and is considered to be one of Euler's greatest works.

2. Who is Leonhard Euler?

Leonhard Euler (1707-1783) was a Swiss mathematician and physicist who made significant contributions to many areas of mathematics, including algebra, calculus, and number theory. He is considered to be one of the greatest mathematicians of all time.

3. What makes "Best Version of Euler: Elements of Algebra" the best version?

"Best Version of Euler: Elements of Algebra" is considered the best version because it is a revised and updated edition of Euler's original work. It includes additional notes and explanations from modern mathematicians, making it more accessible and comprehensive for readers.

4. Is "Best Version of Euler: Elements of Algebra" suitable for beginners?

While "Best Version of Euler: Elements of Algebra" is a comprehensive guide to algebra, it is not recommended for beginners. It assumes a strong foundation in mathematical concepts and may be challenging for those without prior knowledge in algebra.

5. What can I expect to learn from "Best Version of Euler: Elements of Algebra"?

"Best Version of Euler: Elements of Algebra" covers a wide range of algebraic topics, including equations, functions, and polynomials. Readers can expect to learn about the fundamental principles of algebra and how to apply them in solving mathematical problems.