Best Science Movies: My All-Time Favorite & More

In summary: Is it true that there has been a book published that tries to say that everything in start wars is possible and not all made up?I don't know why you started talking like that and i was just curiousNo, you started saying that when i asked...Is it true that there has been a book published that tries to say that everything in start wars is possible and not all made up?In summary, the conversation covers a range of topics, including favorite science fiction films, forum usernames, and actresses. The participants share their opinions and ask each other questions, with some suspicion and confusion arising at times. However, the conversation overall remains light and friendly.
undrcvrbro
My all time favorite (as far as I can remember) is The Andromeda Strain, although the book was much better(when isn't it?). Anyone else have some faves?

Physics news on Phys.org
In the vein of old movies Fantastic Voyage wasn't bad.

Modern Sci fi though:

2001: A Space Odyssey, Alien, Aliens, the original Star Wars trilogy, and I kind of liked the Cube as well, lowish budget, but it made up for it with a really intriguing plot, and last but by no means least Blade Runner.

undrcvrbro said:
My all time favorite (as far as I can remember) is The Andromeda Strain, although the book was much better(when isn't it?). Anyone else have some faves?

mine is "dude where's my car", though it's more of an engineering movie

Eh, as far as that goes, I've always prefer "Half Baked." Thats more of an environmental science film though.

undrcvrbro : i love your username ! It hides soooo much information. I think this name really shows us what YOU are all about !

Easy, Real Genius, hands down one of the best movies ever.

And what is it that I am all about? Hiding behind a forum name and bashing other people? A little sensitive aren't we Marlon?

marlon said:
undrcvrbro : i love your username ! It hides soooo much information. I think this name really shows us what YOU are all about !

Took me a while to see it :-p

Is it true that there has been a book published that tries to say that everything in start wars is possible and not all made up? I heard about something along these lines, and I do not mean this to the extent of red/black men with horns walking around in robes and a light saber :devil:

undrcvrbro said:
And what is it that I am all about? Hiding behind a forum name and bashing other people? A little sensitive aren't we Marlon?

How did you come up with this name ?

marlon

I like your username too. And that isn't meant to carry any ulterior motive, nor do I think Marlon's question did. And yeah why the name? As good as it is? :smile:

Under Cover Brother? Or am I missing something? :shy:

It's actually sort of funny. My name gets the same response of suspicion of some sort on this site as it did a while ago when I joined a forum for a popular talk radio show. The funny part is that the users on that site where predominately twenty something nincompoops who spend all day talking about a couple shock jocks, while you guys are mostly graduate level physics majors, professionals, or at the minimum, at least pretty intelligent human beings.

Yes, it stands for undercover brother! Ya got me! It's just something I used once on AIM a long time ago after watching the move "Under Cover Brother" (another great science film) and I just kept on using it on everything because its easier to remember.

Anymore questions?

undrcvrbro said:
It's actually sort of funny. My name gets the same response of suspicion of some sort on this site as it did a while ago when I joined a forum for a popular talk radio show. The funny part is that the users on that site where predominately twenty something nincompoops who spend all day talking about a couple shock jocks, while you guys are mostly graduate level physics majors, professionals, or at the minimum, at least pretty intelligent human beings.

Yes, it stands for undercover brother! Ya got me! It's just something I used once on AIM a long time ago after watching the move "Under Cover Brother" (another great science film) and I just kept on using it on everything because its easier to remember.

Anymore questions?

I knew it "under cover brother". So, who's hiding behind a forum name now, huh ?

This pretty much proves my point...

Ciao

marlon

marlon said:
This pretty much proves my point...

What point? Have I missed something?

_Mayday_ said:
What point? Have I missed something?

That this dude is under cover. I know this person from another forum ! But i can tell you this : he is really nice

marlon

Ahhh right!

And what forum is that? I think you may be being a little paranoid...

undrcvrbro said:
And what forum is that? I think you may be being a little paranoid...

You see Mayday, he's really nice...

marlon

undercover dude, here's a hint : Jennifer Love Hewitt

marlon said:
That this dude is under cover. I know this person from another forum ! But i can tell you this : he is really nice

marlon

Seemed so, glad it's all cleared up. Welcome to PF, if we aren't that smart, forgive us undrcvrbrvr.

I just going to play it safe here and assume that you're messing with me.

undrcvrbro said:

Hey, to assume makes an ASS out of U and ME

another hint : Sarah Michelle Gellar !

undrcvrbro said:

Hey it's just natural curiosity, no offence meant, we're just intrigued. Sincerely welcome. :smile:

Schrodinger's Dog said:
Hey it's just natural curiosity, no offence meant, we're just intrigued. Sincerely welcome. :smile:

Thank you, my comments were directed more towards Marlon anyways.
marlon said:
Hey, to assume makes an ASS out of U and ME

another hint : Sarah Michelle Gellar !

Lets see. How about...actresses known by their middle name who star in multiple horror films?

undrcvrbro said:
Thank you, my comments were directed more towards Marlon anyways.

Allthough we were asking the exact same question ?

Lets see. How about...actresses known by their middle name who star in multiple horror films?
It's gettin' warmer and warmer

marlon said:
Allthough we were asking the exact same question ?It's gettin' warmer and warmer
That statement was directed more towards your accusation of me being on some other forum.

Successful actresses with an unknown mild mannered alias where they spend most of their free time washing dishes for a lower middle class white trash man in a trailer?

undrcvrbro said:
That statement was directed more towards your accusation of me being on some other forum.
No, you started saying that when i asked about the ethymology of your name !

Successful actresses with an unknown mild mannered alias where they spend most of their free time washing dishes for a lower middle class white trash man in a trailer?
nope on the washing dishes part !

marlon

Last edited by a moderator:
marlon said:
Actually NO, you started saying that in your FIRST remark to my first post to you. Reread the thread man.
Alright Alright, whatever. I don't care that much.

marlon said:
SIGHS, nonono

here's another hint:

Listen, about last summer, she was 18 and most definetly willing.

Either that or I remind you of Freddie Prince Jr. :blushing:

Last edited by a moderator:
undrcvrbro said:
Listen, about last summer, she was 18 and most definetly willing.
HAHA

ROFL

great

marlon

2001 - A Space Oddysey

I don't know any others but Star Trek > * for good :P

I just saw Contact a few weeks ago. Excellent movie.

undrcvrbro said:

Even paranoiac's sometimes have enemies.

Related to Best Science Movies: My All-Time Favorite & More

1. What makes a movie a "best science movie"?

A "best science movie" is typically one that accurately portrays scientific concepts and theories, while also being entertaining and engaging for a general audience. It may also have a strong storyline and well-developed characters.

2. What are some examples of popular science movies?

Some popular science movies include "Interstellar," "The Martian," "Gravity," "Jurassic Park," and "The Theory of Everything."

3. Are there any science movies that are based on true stories?

Yes, there are many science movies that are based on true stories, such as "Hidden Figures," "Apollo 13," "A Beautiful Mind," and "The Imitation Game."

4. How can science movies be used in education?

Science movies can be used in education as a way to make complex scientific concepts more accessible and engaging for students. They can also be used to spark interest and curiosity in science and inspire students to pursue careers in STEM fields.

5. Are there any upcoming science movies to look out for?

Yes, some upcoming science movies to look out for include "The Tomorrow War," "Dune," "Chaos Walking," and "Voyagers."