Beginner's Guide to Exploring Physics: From Hawking to E=MC2

• Thread starter Kevin_Hohner
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the speaker is new to the physics forum and looking for advice on where to begin with studying physics. After reading popular books on the subject, they have decided to start with algebra and build a strong foundation in math before delving deeper into physics. They are seeking suggestions on how to get started and are willing to take their time to avoid feeling discouraged.
Kevin_Hohner
Hi everyone. Well, I'm new to this forum and not to mention new to physics as well. I'm pretty sure this question has been asked before. I would like to know where to begin in physics. At first I became interested in the subject and decided to pick up Stephen Hawking's 'A Brief History of Time' and Brian Cox's 'Why Does E=MC2'. After reading the 2, I thought to myself "Wow! This is better than I thought!" But now I want to get deeper into physics. I know I should build a solid foundation in math too. I've decided to start working from algebra and up (I've only taken math up too geometry in high school, unfortunately). I'd like some suggestions on how to get started. I know it's not going to be easy, but I want to go little by little so I don't get discouraged. So help me out please? Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Algebra 2 and "Mathematical Analysis", and whatever Physics course is offered, while still in high school. Be willing to repeat any of this when you start at college; you would only learn them better at the very least.

Related to Beginner's Guide to Exploring Physics: From Hawking to E=MC2

What is the "Beginner's Guide to Exploring Physics: From Hawking to E=MC2"?

The "Beginner's Guide to Exploring Physics: From Hawking to E=MC2" is a book written by renowned physicist Stephen Hawking that provides an accessible and comprehensive introduction to the fundamental concepts and theories of physics.

Who is the target audience for this book?

This book is designed for beginners who have little to no prior knowledge of physics. It is perfect for anyone who is curious about the subject and wants to gain a better understanding of the world around us.

What topics are covered in this book?

This book covers a wide range of topics in physics including the laws of motion, gravity, electromagnetism, relativity, quantum mechanics, and the famous equation E=MC2. It also explores the work of influential physicists such as Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein, and of course, Stephen Hawking himself.

What makes this book unique?

This book stands out for its clear and concise explanations of complex physics concepts and its use of real-world examples to make the subject more relatable. It also includes illustrations, diagrams, and experiments that help readers better visualize and understand the concepts being discussed.

Do I need a background in math to understand this book?

While a basic understanding of math is helpful, this book is written in a way that makes it accessible to readers without a strong math background. The author avoids using complicated equations and instead focuses on explaining the concepts in a simple and understandable manner.