Back-to-School: Spread the Word About PF!

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, PF is a great resource for students looking for help with school work. It's important to spread the word about it so that more students can find the help they need.
Summer is almost over! For many that means preparing for the new school year. I want to stress how important word of mouth is to PF's success. When you get back please tell your teachers, professors and classmates about PF. The more the merrier!

Physics news on Phys.org
I told a few of my profs about it and it seems only the younger ones know about it. The older ones, those tenured for over ten years don't know about it.

Defennder said:
I told a few of my profs about it and it seems only the younger ones know about it. The older ones, those tenured for over ten years don't know about it.

Thanks Defennder! Let's get those "veterans" in here :)

As the UK academic year is just starting, I thought that I'd bump this thread and encourage everyone to tell your friends and teachers/lecturers about PF!

Greg Bernhardt said:
Summer is almost over! For many that means preparing for the new school year. I want to stress how important word of mouth is to PF's success. When you get back please tell your teachers, professors and classmates about PF. The more the merrier!

Just out of curiosity... what "track" do you suggest we use when we bring it up to colleagues (I'm not in school anymore)?

I found this place from a google search on some physics stuff i was working on.

seycyrus said:
Just out of curiosity... what "track" do you suggest we use when we bring it up to colleagues (I'm not in school anymore)?

I found this place from a google search on some physics stuff i was working on.

Just say "hey" this is a great site you should check out. Or while in discussion of a science news story, bring PF up as a source for more information.

Hi
I didn't post in PF a lot but I watched many discussions and threads and I learned good things.
I'll suggest PF to my the best friends even I am not American and English is not my first language.
Thank you!

Last quarter, I actually suggested PF to a few of my fellow Engineering students. I know of one for sure that joined for sure! :biggrin: I'll suggest it to more new students to help them maybe. I was struggling at first and PF and some of the members helped me :shy:

I sent an email to my daughters high schools Calc. and Physics teacher inviting him to visit here and see how we can bentifit the learning experience. Hopefully we can get other parents to do the same.

Good to hear that people are spreading the word :approve: Keep it up!

It seems like a lot of students are finding their way here already at the beginning of the semester. In the past few days we've had a surge in the number of homework problems posted outside the homework forums by first-timers (which the mentors are busy moving where they belong). Their first problem sets must be due this week!

Its a strange sight after a while without it. You wake up and there has been more than a page worth of new posts in the intro physics homework forum. :eek:

Kurdt said:
Its a strange sight after a while without it. You wake up and there has been more than a page worth of new posts in the intro physics homework forum. :eek:
And a more than a page of redirects in the General Physics forum .

Hootenanny said:
And a more than a page of redirects in the General Physics forum .

Looks like they bagged you just in time :wink:

I'd like to also mention that asking for help or posting questions in blogs is NOT the correct place. If you need help, please post in the appropriate Homework Help section.

Kurdt said:
Looks like they bagged you just in time :wink:
To be honest, because of the time difference I think that me and cristo have a fairly light shift. Doc Al & Zz bear the brunt of shifting homework problems, although cristo is scarily efficient.

Related to Back-to-School: Spread the Word About PF!

What is "Back-to-School: Spread the Word About PF!"?

"Back-to-School: Spread the Word About PF!" is a campaign aimed at promoting financial literacy and education among students and families during the back-to-school season. It encourages individuals to learn more about personal finance and make informed decisions about their money management.

Why is financial literacy important for students?

Financial literacy is important for students because it equips them with the knowledge and skills necessary to make responsible financial decisions. It can help them avoid debt, plan for their future, and achieve financial stability and success in the long run.

How can I get involved in "Back-to-School: Spread the Word About PF!"?

There are many ways to get involved in the campaign, such as sharing information and resources on social media, organizing financial education events at schools or in the community, and volunteering to teach financial literacy classes. You can also reach out to local organizations or schools to see if they are participating in the campaign and how you can support their efforts.

What resources are available for students and families to learn about personal finance?

The "Back-to-School: Spread the Word About PF!" campaign offers a variety of resources, including online articles and tools, educational materials, and workshops. Additionally, there are many reputable organizations and websites that provide financial education resources for students and families, such as the National Endowment for Financial Education and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

How can I continue to promote financial literacy beyond the back-to-school season?

There are many ways to continue promoting financial literacy beyond the back-to-school season, such as incorporating financial education into everyday conversations with friends and family, staying informed about current financial topics and trends, and supporting local organizations and initiatives that promote financial literacy. You can also continue to share information and resources on social media and encourage others to prioritize financial education in their lives.