Are the 2012 Paralympic Games more exciting to watch than the Olympics?

• Thread starter trollcast
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Games
In summary, the conversation revolved around the excitement of watching the Paralympics, with one person mentioning how the judo event was more impressive than the Olympics and another expressing disappointment that the Paralympics are not being shown on TV in the USA. The group also discussed the amazing performances in wheelchair rugby and blind football, and questioned why NBC is not broadcasting the games.
trollcast
Gold Member
Just been watching a bit of them this morning after I came home from school and I have to say they are as exciting to watch (if not more so) than the normal Olympics.

The paralympic judo that was on this morning was far better than the judo at the Olympics. There was no walking round in circles wasting time and some of the moves where pretty damned impressive (Ben Quilter's (sp?) hip throw for the bronxe medal qualifier was superb)

Physics news on Phys.org
Ben Quilter also got thrown. :wink:

http://www.london2012.com/mm/Photo/sport/General/01/42/42/70/1424270_M01.jpg

I agree, the Paralympics is great.

I've just heard that the paralympics aren't being shown on TV in the USA, instead there will be a summary show after the event is finished :bugeye: whaaaaaaaa??

Ryan_m_b said:
I've just heard that the paralympics aren't being shown on TV in the USA, instead there will be a summary show after the event is finished :bugeye: whaaaaaaaa??

I would have loved to watch wheelchair rugby. Shame it isn't being shown.

Ryan_m_b said:
Yep. The only way to keep up with things here is http://www.london2012.com/paralympics/.

The blind football is awesome, it makes rooney and his other 100 thousand pounds a week friends look like amateurs.

Also why did NBC say they aren't showing the games?

Related to Are the 2012 Paralympic Games more exciting to watch than the Olympics?

What are the Paralympic Games?

The Paralympic Games are a major international multi-sport event for athletes with disabilities. These games are held every four years, following the Olympic Games, and feature a wide range of sports and competitions.

When and where will the 2012 Paralympic Games take place?

The 2012 Paralympic Games were held in London, United Kingdom from August 29th to September 9th, 2012. This was the second time that London hosted the Paralympic Games, with the first being in 1948.

How many athletes participated in the 2012 Paralympic Games?

Over 4,200 athletes from 164 countries participated in the 2012 Paralympic Games. This was the largest number of athletes to ever compete in a Paralympic Games at the time.

What sports were included in the 2012 Paralympic Games?

The 2012 Paralympic Games featured 20 different sports including archery, athletics, boccia, cycling, equestrian, football, goalball, judo, powerlifting, rowing, sailing, shooting, sitting volleyball, swimming, table tennis, wheelchair basketball, wheelchair fencing, wheelchair rugby, wheelchair tennis, and wheelchair racing.

What were some notable moments from the 2012 Paralympic Games?

Some notable moments from the 2012 Paralympic Games include South African sprinter Oscar Pistorius becoming the first double amputee to compete in the Olympic Games, British swimmer Ellie Simmonds winning four gold medals at the age of 17, and Iranian powerlifter Siamand Rahman setting a new world record with a lift of 301kg in the men's +100kg category.