Answering Unanswered Math & Physics Questions: Easy or Difficult?

• Other
  • Thread starter trees and plants
  • Start date
In summary, the person is an undergraduate student at a math department at university who is interested in exploring and experimenting with math and physics. They have difficulty with solving exercises and have delayed their graduation. They insist that they are not a machine despite others thinking their posts are artificially generated. They are not familiar with binary arithmetic and are not proficient in using LaTeX.
trees and plants
Hello there.Is it more helpful if I start answering easier unanswered questions in math or physics?How easy should they be?Where can if find these type of questions?If I make my own questions probably I will not know how easy or difficult they are to be answered unless I try to answer them I think.Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
universe function said:
Hello there.Is it more helpful if I start answering easier unanswered questions in math or physics?
Can you give us some examples? :wink:

Yes. I took this question on manifolds from a website I hope it is not wrong what it says, I hope things I do from now on in the physics forums are correct . The question is: What is the homotopy classification of totally real immersions of real 3-manifolds in the complex full flag manifold F12?Is it easy or not?

universe function said:
Is it easy or not?

What are you trying to accomplish by posting questions you don't understand and asking if they are easy?

Likes member 587159 and berkeman
Vanadium 50 said:
What are you trying to accomplish by posting questions you don't understand and asking if they are easy?
Since I was a little kid I liked exploration and experimentation with things I read.I want to make questions in math and physics and answer them and because the answers are unknown I have the inner drive to want to find them.I find questions that their answers are unknown more interesting than questions with known answers.

Is it not allowed to make topics or questions like these?

universe function said:
Since I was a little kid I liked exploration and experimentation with things I read.I want to make questions in math and physics and answer them and because the answers are unknown I have the inner drive to want to find them.I find questions that their answers are unknown more interesting than questions with known answers.
universe function said:
Is it not allowed to make topics or questions like these?
Apologies if I should know this, but where are you in your education so far? Are you in university yet? If so, what year and what major? If not, when will you be applying to university?

berkeman said:
Apologies if I should know this, but where are you in your education so far? Are you in university yet? If so, what year and what major? If not, when will you be applying to university?
Well, I wrote to another post that I am an undergraduate student at a math department at university, unfortunately it is sad that I have delayed my studies some years.I want to have my degree but I find difficulty at the execution of my goals not so much at reading and memorising but at solving exercises. This was not asked but I also read other math and physics not contained at the undergraduate studies of my math department.

If you don't understand the question, it will not be easy for you. The only thing that we could possibly add is whether it is easy for someone other than you. How will that help?

Also, you have said,

universe function said:
I have problems with solving exercises in math and physics

and

universe function said:
Unfortunately I have delayed my graduation and stayed some more years at the math school.

It seems that focusing on your coursework is a better idea than searching for harder problems.

Likes member 587159
universe function said:
Well, I wrote to another post that I am an undergraduate student at a math department at university, unfortunately it is sad that I have delayed my studies some years.I want to have my degree but I find difficulty at the execution of my goals not so much at reading and memorising but at solving exercises. This was not asked but I also read other math and physics not contained at the undergraduate studies of my math department.
I should say that several of us think these posts of yours may be artificially generated.

PeroK said:
I should say that several of us think these posts of yours may be artificially generated.
You mean that they are made by a machine?No, I am a human being but english is not my native language.

universe function said:
You mean that they are made by a machine?No, I am a human being but english is not my native language.
This could end up like the Turing test!

PeroK said:
This could end up like the Turing test!
This looks funny but I am not a machine. How can I prove it? If you want ask me something.

universe function said:
This looks funny but I am not a machine. How can I prove it? If you want ask me something.
Do some Latex.

https://www.physicsforums.com/help/latexhelp/

E.g. complete the square of a quadratic equation in ##z##.

universe function said:
Acually, you can't be a computer because you'd never heard of binary arithmetic!

PeroK said:
Acually, you can't be a computer because you'd never heard of binary arithmetic!
This is so funny.Actually I knew that 0 and 1 are used by a computer I did not know the names binary arithmetic that they are called like that and I have not learned very good addition and other operations with it.So, perhaps this still does not show that I am not a machine.This is very funny, others thinking I am a machine and I can not probably prove I am human.

PeroK said:
Do some Latex.

https://www.physicsforums.com/help/latexhelp/

E.g. complete the square of a quadratic equation in ##z##.
I have not learned latex that much, but here is with z completing the square without latex: az2+bz+c=0<=>z2+2b/(2a)+c/a=0<=> z2+2b/(2a)+(b/(2a))2=(b2-4ac)/4a2<=>(z+b/(2a))2=(b2-4ac)/4a2 then you now the answers for z. Now I do not find it funny I just feel normal somehow.But I am human. I reject that I am a machine. If you want ask me something else.

Ask me something a machine would not,could not answer or would make mistakes in the answer.

universe function said:
I have not learned latex that much, but here is with z completing the square without latex: az2+bz+c=0<=>z2+2b/(2a)+c/a=0<=> z2+2b/(2a)+(b/(2a))2=(b2-4ac)/4a2<=>(z+b/(2a))2=(b2-4ac)/4a2 then you now the answers for z. Now I do not find it funny I just feel normal somehow.But I am human. I reject that I am a machine. If you want ask me something else.
I'd say I'm almost 100% convinced all your posts in this thread are AI generated.

universe function said:
Ask me something a machine would not,could not answer or would make mistakes in the answer.
A machine couldn't learn Latex from reading a help page!

• Haha
Likes member 587159
I am sorry if the way I write seems distant from many other humans. I hope this topic is solved, but I am human.

universe function said:
I hope this topic is solved, but I am human.

Sounds awfully like what someone who wasn't human would say...

• Haha
Likes member 587159 and PeroK
Ask me something more human-like a machine could not answer.

I think I can not help answering this topic.What should I do now?Should I stop making questions and answering in physics forums?But I told you the truth that I am human.

Truths about me:as a human being I was born, I have feelings,I understand humor, sadness, happiness, I have people that have helped me very much in my life, teachers, my parents, my sister, I speak with other people, I go for exercise sometimes, why would I lie?I try to not lie and I want to tell only truths because lying is a sin.

You are free to believe whatever you want, I can not help in this topic.Can I start other threads or answer with posts in physics forums at least or it is not allowed?

universe function said:
Truths about me:as a human being I was born, I have feelings,I understand humor, sadness, happiness, I have people that have helped me very much in my life, teachers, my parents, my sister, I speak with other people, I go for exercise sometimes, why would I lie?I try to not lie and I want to tell only truths because lying is a sin.
On this note, I will close this thread.

I would like to remind everyone of the PF spirit and not call into question any member's humanity, even though AI is cool :smile:.

universe function said:
You are free to believe whatever you want, I can not help in this topic.Can I start other threads or answer with posts in physics forums at least or it is not allowed?
So long you abide by the rules, which I think you have done, you are free to continue posting.

Likes fresh_42

Related to Answering Unanswered Math & Physics Questions: Easy or Difficult?

1. Is it important to answer unanswered math and physics questions?

Yes, it is important to answer unanswered math and physics questions because it helps to advance our understanding of the world around us. These questions often lead to new discoveries and breakthroughs in science and technology.

2. What makes answering unanswered math and physics questions easy or difficult?

Answering unanswered math and physics questions can be both easy and difficult. It depends on the complexity of the question, the available resources and data, and the expertise of the person attempting to answer it. Some questions may have straightforward solutions, while others may require extensive research and experimentation.

3. How can we encourage more people to answer unanswered math and physics questions?

One way to encourage more people to answer unanswered math and physics questions is to promote STEM education and create a culture of curiosity and inquiry. Providing access to resources and support for research can also motivate individuals to tackle these questions.

4. What are the benefits of answering unanswered math and physics questions?

Answering unanswered math and physics questions can lead to a deeper understanding of fundamental principles and theories, as well as practical applications in various fields. It can also contribute to the overall advancement of science and technology.

5. Are there any potential challenges in answering unanswered math and physics questions?

Yes, there can be challenges in answering unanswered math and physics questions, such as the lack of available data or resources, the complexity of the question, and the potential for errors or incorrect conclusions. It may also require a significant amount of time and effort to find a solution.