Achieved Gold Award for 250 Hours of Volunteering!

• Thread starter JasonRox
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Gold
In summary, Jason has discovered that he will be receiving a Gold Award for volunteering during his 4th year, exceeding the required 76 hours with a total of 250 hours. He is overjoyed and surprised, as he thought he would only receive a Bronze Award. Jason's job was to help Off-Campus students make friends and plan events, but he also did other volunteer work. He will continue to volunteer at local events in the future. Others commend him for being a good leader and remind him to balance his volunteer hours with other goals.
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Just found out I'm receiving some Gold Award for volunteering I did during my 4th year.

You need to get 76+ hours for the Award and I had 250 hours baby!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttt!

Sharing the joy! I thought I was only going to get a Bronze too.

Hope this looks good on my resume now. :P

Physics news on Phys.org
Well done Jason!

you must be really happy for this, congrats!

drizzle said:
you must be really happy for this, congrats!

I'm so thrilled!

I wasn't really thinking about it at all. I was just doing it. My job was basically help Off-Campus students make friends and run events and stuff. I did other stuff too.

Sweetness.

I should be starting to do some volunteering at some local events soon.

Jason you Rock! ;-p

JasonRox said:
I'm so thrilled!

I wasn't really thinking about it at all. I was just doing it. My job was basically help Off-Campus students make friends and run events and stuff. I did other stuff too.

Sweetness.

I should be starting to do some volunteering at some local events soon.

Good job, Jason. Often, being a good leader is not just altruistic, it can be selfish too. If you see an important position that is not being filled and taken care of, it's okay to fill it yourself. It's okay to step up and be a leader, as long as you are a good leader (honest, straightforward, helpful, positive).

Be careful to measure your volunteer hours, though. It's too easy to end up volunteering too many hours, at the expense of other goals you may have. It sounds like you are on a good track right now, though. Keep it up!

Related to Achieved Gold Award for 250 Hours of Volunteering!

1. What is the Gold Award for 250 Hours of Volunteering?

The Gold Award for 250 Hours of Volunteering is an award given to individuals who have completed 250 hours of volunteer work in their community. It is typically awarded by organizations or institutions that recognize the importance of volunteerism and its impact on society.

2. How do you qualify for the Gold Award for 250 Hours of Volunteering?

To qualify for the Gold Award, you must have completed a minimum of 250 hours of volunteer work. This can include various types of volunteer activities such as community service, charity work, or environmental projects. The hours must be completed within a specified time period and be verified by a supervisor or organization.

3. Why is the Gold Award for 250 Hours of Volunteering important?

The Gold Award for 250 Hours of Volunteering is important because it recognizes the dedication and commitment of individuals who have given their time and energy to make a positive impact in their community. It also serves as a motivation for others to get involved in volunteer work and contribute to the betterment of society.

4. Can the Gold Award for 250 Hours of Volunteering be used for college or job applications?

Yes, the Gold Award for 250 Hours of Volunteering can be included in college or job applications as a demonstration of your commitment to community service and your ability to make a difference. It can also show your time management skills and ability to work with others towards a common goal.

5. Is there a specific age requirement for the Gold Award for 250 Hours of Volunteering?

No, there is no specific age requirement for the Gold Award for 250 Hours of Volunteering. Anyone who has completed the required hours of volunteer work can be eligible for the award. It is open to individuals of all ages who are passionate about making a positive impact in their community.