A physicist wannabe somehow doing a Master's degree

In summary, a person who aspires to become a physicist is currently pursuing a Master's degree. This individual is likely studying various scientific concepts and theories, conducting experiments, and working towards a deeper understanding of the field. Their ultimate goal is to become a professional physicist and contribute to the world of science.
Clueless_v2
I am a physicist wannabe but have come full circle to the realisation that average marks in physics isn't going to cut it in this field. My laziness in my critical thinking and life in general, my focus on marks (which haven't produced marks anyway), and lack of engagement with anything but textbooks have placed me in a very vulnerable spot of my own making. It would look to me that there is little hope for continuing into physics except that I do what I can from this point onwards and apply myself and be diligent - and accept whatever consequences that follows.

I have a year and a half left in my Masters degree, and so would like to do what is possible for me to recover from my erroneous perceptions, sordid character, and past actions associated with that. I want to constantly challenge myself and be diligent in finding answers.

I would like to be able to contribute and ask questions (even simple questions that would make me look like a dunce and make anyone wonder how I got in the Masters program :) I don't mind though) to the best extent that I could. I want to be more engaged with the community I have at hand (in my faculty), but also engaged with the larger community of physicists out there in the world.

I have no qualms about exiting the world of physics in terms of career in the sense that I am not admitted into a PhD program or cannot find work in the university - I will accept whatever comes with that.

Nevertheless, regardless of what happens, I hope to still engage with physics as I find it a very intellectualy stimulating and wonder-inducing field of science.

I welcome any advice - be it negative or positive - that anyone who is more experienced in the field has to offer.

Thanks for reading!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. I hope you are able to find your way. :smile: