Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

• Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Game
In summary, the player played the New York Times daily word game and found that they had a higher fail rate in playing against Spanish-speaking humans. They also mentioned that the game is similar to a board game they remember from their childhood.
DrGreg said:
I've never studied Spanish, but I have studied other languages. Is Spanish a language in which a word can have lots of different endings depending on the grammatical context? In English, the only variations are to add an "s" to most nouns, or to add "s", "ed" or "ing" to most verbs. (With a small number of exceptions to the rule.)
All verbs are conjugated based on person and tempus. The main problem here however is that there the structure of Spanish spelling generally means a five letter word will have two or three vowels. Here I hit all the vowels with the first guess and the combination is such that many many consonant combinations will fit. I should probably guess three consonant combinations rather than trying to fill in the two consonants considering that, but it will still be rather annoying. You cannot start guessing four-consonant words to cover the consonants like you can do in English many times.

Physics news on Phys.org
fresh_42 said:
Or "y" (fish - fishy, mess - messy) and "ly" (adjective > adverb) to change the grammatical context.
You're right, I hadn't thought of changing a noun to an adjectve or an adjective to an adverb, I was thinking only of declension and conjugation.

DrGreg said:
You're right, I hadn't thought of changing a noun to an adjectve or an adjective to an adverb, I was thinking only of declension and conjugation.
Russian has eight or nine cases, Latin had six IIRC, Hungary concatenate words, some languages (forgotten which) conjugate by prefixes, etc. There are really many different versions of declination and conjugation. German has four declination cases which are mainly built by endings, plus three genders, also determined by the ending, and the tempi are more or less built as in English with two major cases of past perfect (weakly, resp. strongly declined). It is a mess when you look at it. No wonder English which lacks all of these became lingua franca.

However, I suppose that the Spanish Wordle uses only undeclined and unconjugated forms similar to its English version which (normally?!?) does not use the plural "s" or even the genitive "s".

Wordle 407 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Struggled with this one

Wordle 407 X/6

🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜

• Haha
  • Wow
Likes OmCheeto, collinsmark and Wrichik Basu
BWV said:
Struggled with this one

Wordle 407 X/6

🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
Does the game allow you to use the same word twice or you actually had to come up with six distinct ones?

Orodruin said:
Does the game allow you to use the same word twice or you actually had to come up with six distinct ones?
You can use the same word twice (think there is only one that could give the first row)

BWV said:
You can use the same word twice (think there is only one that could give the first row)
My cheat site says there are four words.

My go to Wordle cheat site 2022-07-31 at 12.42.01 PM.png

ps.

Wordle 407 5/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

zero cheating

Wordle 408 4/6

⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yes, I thought I had a 3/6 and wondered why I was not able to share πŸ˜›
I was very happy about it. I am too much of a physicist I guess.

Orodruin said:
Wordle 408 4/6

⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yes, I thought I had a 3/6 and wondered why I was not able to share πŸ˜›
I was very happy about it. I am too much of a physicist I guess.
Not enough energy for asymptotic freedom.

OmCheeto said:
My cheat site says there are four words.

View attachment 305175

ps.

Wordle 407 5/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

zero cheating
Only one word without out of place letters

Likes OmCheeto
Wordle 408 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟩🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 409 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Well, nothing super special…

Wordle 410 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I am a newbie here having been hooked only a couple of weeks ago. I wish to develop my own strategy for this before I compare with other strategies. I am still in the stage of development, but so far it looks good. In short, I have adopted a process of elimination. It focuses on exclusions from the list of 12972 five-letter words in "hard" mode, i.e. "Any revealed hints must be used in subsequent guesses". I will share my findings once I become convinced that the logic and procedure work. This will require some field-testing.

Wordle 410 3/6*

⬜🟦🟦⬜⬜
🟦🟧🟧⬜🟧
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

Last edited:
Wordle 410 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 410 X/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟨🟨
⬜🟨🟨🟨🟨
⬜🟨🟨🟨🟨
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜

BWV said:
Wordle 410 X/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟨🟨
⬜🟨🟨🟨🟨
⬜🟨🟨🟨🟨
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
I can’t decide whether to admire the artistery or report for obscenity…

• Haha
  • Love
Likes kuruman, Wrichik Basu, BWV and 1 other person
Wordle 411 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 411 3/6*

⬜🟦⬜⬜🟧
🟧⬜⬜⬜🟧
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

Wordle 412 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 412 6/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟦⬜🟦⬜⬜
⬜🟧⬜⬜🟧
🟧🟧⬜🟧🟧
🟧🟧⬜🟧🟧
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

Wordle 412 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Phew

Wordle 412 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Orodruin said:
Phew

Wordle 412 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
You and I share too few attempts at 412.