This site is a valuable resource

• Thread starter airborne18
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discussed the value of contributing money to a website that provides valuable resources. The participants expressed their appreciation for the site and its contributors, as well as the frustrations with spam and useless websites. They emphasized the importance of supporting legitimate resources on the web, especially when they come from professionals in the field.
airborne18
I decided to contribute money to the site.

I am more of a student than a mentor, and this site is a valuable resource.

There are many insightful geeks on this board, and I respect the information they share.

Physics news on Phys.org
Good for you! We should all offer support to valuable resources.

Thanks airborne18! Your support is greatly appreciated!

turbo-1 said:
Good for you! We should all offer support to valuable resources.

By trade I am a software guru. I used to consult with companies that would have marketing people proposing idiotic websites just to spam the internet and create pay-per-click ad revenue and skim 2% of all transactions.

There are so many useless sites that exist because they are marketing schemes that drive traffic to nonesense.

So when you find a gem of a website like this, you really have to financially support it. Everyone complains about the interent spam and pop-ups, yet they won't put out a few bucks to support a legit resource on the web.

Thank you airborne! Always nice to hear that the forum is appreciated. We seem to attract great people that make this forum what it is.

Last edited:
As a proud member of PF, I'm always happy to see praise from a professional. It's nice coming from anyone, but somewhat more significant when it's from someone who knows how to "comparison shop".

Related to This site is a valuable resource

1. How do I know if this site is a reliable resource for my research?

One way to determine if a site is a reliable resource is to check the credibility of the author or organization. Look for credentials or affiliations that indicate expertise in the topic. Additionally, you can look for references or sources cited within the site to ensure that the information presented is backed by evidence.

2. Can I use the information on this site for my academic assignments?

It is important to check with your instructor or institution's guidelines on what sources are acceptable for academic assignments. However, this site can be a valuable resource for gathering information and understanding a topic, which can then be used to support your arguments in an assignment.

3. How frequently is the information on this site updated?

The frequency of updates may vary depending on the site and the topic. However, most reputable sites will indicate when the information was last updated. It is important to double-check the date of the information, especially if it is a rapidly changing topic, to ensure that the information is still current and relevant.

4. Are there any biases present in the information on this site?

It is important to critically evaluate any source for potential biases. Look for language or tone that may indicate a particular viewpoint. Additionally, consider the sources of information used and if they are diverse and balanced. This site may have its own biases, so it is important to compare and contrast information from multiple sources.

5. Can I trust the accuracy of the information on this site?

As with any source, it is important to critically evaluate the accuracy of the information presented. Look for sources cited and cross-reference them to ensure they are reliable. Additionally, consider the expertise of the author or organization. If in doubt, it is always best to consult multiple sources to verify the information.