There is too much advertisement (mobile)

• Complaint
  • Thread starter pines-demon
  • Start date
pines-demon
Today I decided for the first time check a thread in PF on my mobile phone and wow! it was a pain to navigate.

I know this site needs money to function correctly, and in the desktop version, the keyboard and mouse can help navigate over the ads.
However in the mobile version, everything is contained in a column that you have to scroll. If your finger slips or it is a little bit to miss the space in between you end up clicking the ads when you do not want to. Also you can have many ads next to each other (one above the other) covering your entire screen.

Can we have less ads in a row in the mobile version? Or less advertisement in general?

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
Yes and I agree, it's something I've been working on. Adsense is very aggressive. Just make sure you're logged in and you'll never have ads. Thanks for the feedback!

Likes pinball1970, erobz, berkeman and 3 others
Greg Bernhardt said:
Just make sure you're logged in and you'll never have ads
This ^^^

Likes pinball1970, pines-demon, Greg Bernhardt and 1 other person
Greg Bernhardt said:
Yes and I agree, it's something I've been working on. Adsense is very aggressive. Just make sure you're logged in and you'll never have ads. Thanks for the feedback!
I see thanks!

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Wish that Amazon Prime would follow your example! There you pay and still get ads, so you go ad free and then still get ads except on the shrinking base of ‘Prime’ shows but not on the expanding base of other sources of their content such as Freevee. This seems the future, pay for a service yet still get ads. I don’t mind ads on free services but not when one already pays for it. That’s just wrong.

Likes phinds
bob012345 said:
Wish that Amazon Prime would follow your example! There you pay and still get ads, so you go ad free and then still get ads except on the shrinking base of ‘Prime’ shows but not on the expanding base of other sources of their content such as Freevee. This seems the future, pay for a service yet still get ads. I don’t mind ads on free services but not when one already pays for it. That’s just wrong.
This has always bothered me in cinemas, where you pay the monthly prize of a streaming service to watch a single movie and still get a lot of ads.

Likes dextercioby, BillTre and russ_watters
pines-demon said:
This has always bothered me in cinemas, where you pay the monthly prize of a streaming service to watch a single movie and still get a lot of ads.
Well, the trick there, in my area anyway, is to always arrive in the theater 1/2 hour "late" and you'll only see one or two before the feature starts. They ALWAYS have at least 1/2 hour of ads (mostly for upcoming features).

Likes dextercioby, BillTre, russ_watters and 1 other person