Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens

In summary, the teaser trailer has been released and I'm carefully optimistic. They're primarily going for classical practical effects as opposed to the CGI nightmare that gave us the unmentionable who shall not be mentioned. I put my faith in JJ. I think he's a good director. It does have a retro feel which I think is good.
sanman
Released, the teaser trailer has been

Likes RedRum69 and Silicon Waffle
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm carefully optimistic, apparently they're primarily going for classical practical effects as opposed to the CGI nightmare that gave us the unmentionable who shall not be mentioned.

Likes nrqed and DennisN
Hard to really get anything from the teaser. I put my faith in JJ. I think he's a good director. It does have a retro feel which I think is good.

So everything will be different in this than any of the extended universe stuff right? They de-cannonized all of EU or something?

I'm curious what this movie might be bout. It looks like the Millennium Falcon is in it, so it's not too far into the future from Return of the Jedi?

Matterwave said:
so it's not too far into the future from Return of the Jedi?
From what I've read it's only 30 years

Greg Bernhardt said:
From what I've read it's only 30 years

O...so it's almost roughly real time? lol

Do you know if Old Han and Old Luke will be in it?

Matterwave said:
Do you know if Old Han and Old Luke will be in it?
Yes they are, which is why it's not too far in the future

I think a teaser this far ahead of the release could backfire on them. (yes they do this a lot just many movies end up regretting it by release time)

Release is scheduled for December 2015.

Times have changed - it used to be that when a cool trailer came out, the next day everyone would just be talking about it

Nowadays, they're all vying to outdo it by the next day

Even Star Wars Kid has come a long way since he first appeared a dozen years ago:

If this doesn't make you hyped I don't know what could:

OOh the handles of the light Sabre light up now.

A new trailer was released yesterday... I am looking forward to the movie... :smile:

Definitely looking forward to it. :woot:

Some "behind the scenes" stuff:

Likes Drakkith
The Empire seems to have relocated...

Likes Borg
Alternative trailer with other shots :woot: (from Walt Disney Studios Japan):

I've told myself to keep my expectations down, but I must admit that my expectations are now quite high, these screenshots from the Japanese trailer above are sooo cool, in my opinion :biggrin::

22825456972_562059d6b1_z.jpg

22420651278_e225edec24_z.jpg

Imager said:
Who would of thought Jar Jar is the Sith lord

https://www.reddit.com/comments/3qvj6w/

I just saw this today, thought it was crap... then I watched some clips. I wonder if the reddit user works for the studio, the more I saw, the more convinced I was.

Even more clips here:
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens ALL Trailer & Clips (2015)

My hype continues... :smile:
New Force Awakens Featurette Introduces A New Cast To The Star Wars Legacy

DennisN said:
My hype continues... :smile:
Hype is good.
All in one place.

Chinese trailer with action shots I have not seen before:

and another short one:

Last edited:
The Chinese trailer in better quality (HD):

Imager said:
Who would of thought Jar Jar is the Sith lord

That would be the greatest gag of all cinema, but after doing some digging Andy Serkis the motion capture guy who worked on supreme leader snoke said the character is over 7' tall jar jar is just 6'5" . If this is true then snoke will be a new introduction probably.

:smile:

Likes DrClaude
Hahaha, that's quite likely how my and my girlfriend's relationship is going to go after seeing this movie :p

Speaking of premature force awakening, I can't decide if this is awesome, mean or both:

Likes DennisN
Ryan_m_b said:
Hahaha, that's quite likely how my and my girlfriend's relationship is going to go after seeing this movie :p
:smile:Interview with many of the main characters and the director:
STAR WARS THE FORCE AWAKENS interviews - Ford, Ridley, Boyega, Abrams, Christie, Isaac, Nyong'o

We are all set for the movie. We plan on wearing these to the movie theater. Don't worry, we will take them off before the movie starts, although with stadium seating, it doesn't matter anymore. :)

IMG_2979_zpsj8va3e1s.jpg

Zz.

Saw it yesterday evening. Me and my friend exited the theatre with a smile on our faces and wanting more. :biggrin:

Likes Borg
Just got back from seeing the movie. I was impressed. Star Wars is back in my book. Lots of fresh feel with enough familiarity. Feels a bit more serious with just the right amount of comedic quips. I'm intrigued where the story will lead. Passed expectations.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Just got back from seeing the movie. I was impressed. Star Wars is back in my book. Lots of fresh feel with enough familiarity. Feels a bit more serious with just the right amount of comedic quips. I'm intrigued where the story will lead. Passed expectations.
The only bad thing with having seen it is that you have to bite your tounge when you talk to people who have not. Yesterday was a difficult day.