Solve Logarithmic Equation: Find x in 4.6*1.06^(2x+3)=5*3^x

In summary, the conversation is about solving the equation 4.6*1.06^(2x+3)=5*3^x by dividing by 4.6 and applying logarithms on both sides. The person speaking forgot to apply logarithm on the right side and made a simple mistake.
thomasrules
Can't get this question, I get the wrong answer:

4.6*1.06^(2x+3)=5*3^x

So find x

Physics news on Phys.org
Seeing the title of the thread, it seems obvious that you've already started by taking the logarithm on both sides. Show us your work so we know where the problem lies.

HINT:Divide by 4.6 and then apply natural logarithm over both sides of the equation.

Daniel.

I did the following:

( 4.6*1.06^(2x+3)=5*3^x )/4.6*3^x

and then cancelled. Dexter then I applied Logarithm and I just want to see how you guys did it...I got an answer just wrong...

[tex] 1.06^{2x+3}=\frac{5}{4.6}\cdot 3^{x} [/tex]

Taking natural logarithm
[tex] (2x+3)\ln 1.06=\ln\frac{5}{4.6} +x\ln 3 [/tex]

Solve for "x"...The final answer ain't pretty,by any means.

Daniel.

God damnit Daniel...I'm so retarded...

I forgot to Log the right side! Such stupid and simple mistakes...sorry for wasting your time lol...P.S. I like that special writing you use

Related to Solve Logarithmic Equation: Find x in 4.6*1.06^(2x+3)=5*3^x

What is a logarithmic equation?

A logarithmic equation is an equation that involves the use of logarithms to solve for the unknown variable. Logarithms are the inverse functions of exponential functions and are used to solve equations where the variable is in the exponent.

What is the process for solving a logarithmic equation?

The general process for solving a logarithmic equation involves isolating the logarithm on one side of the equation and using the properties of logarithms to simplify the equation. Then, both sides of the equation can be raised to the same exponent in order to solve for the unknown variable.

How do I solve the specific logarithmic equation: 4.6*1.06^(2x+3)=5*3^x?

To solve this equation, start by taking the logarithm of both sides of the equation. In this case, it is best to use the natural logarithm (ln). This will eliminate the exponential terms on both sides of the equation. Then, use the properties of logarithms to simplify the equation and isolate the unknown variable. Finally, solve for x by raising both sides of the equation to the same exponent and using algebraic manipulation.

Can logarithmic equations have more than one solution?

Yes, logarithmic equations can have more than one solution. In fact, many logarithmic equations will have multiple solutions due to the nature of logarithms. It is important to check any solutions obtained to make sure they are valid for the original equation.

What are some real-life applications of logarithmic equations?

Logarithmic equations are commonly used in fields such as finance, biology, and physics. They can be used to model exponential growth and decay, measure the intensity of earthquakes, calculate pH levels, and more. In finance, logarithmic equations are used to calculate compound interest and in biology, they are used to model population growth.