New Forum Posts: Where Do They Go?

• Thread starter Dadface
  • Start date
In summary, there is a new feature where threads posted in a specific forum will only appear in that forum and not in the "new posts" section. This can be inconvenient for some users who like to scan through all new posts, but it is how the system currently works and is common on other forums as well. Additionally, there may be a technical issue with how some users are attempting to reply to posts.
Dadface
Is it now so that when a new thread is posted into a specific forum eg "classical physics then it stays in that forum only and does not appear in "new posts"? I ask this because I started a thread in the quantum physics forum and it hasn't appeared in new posts.
If this is a new part of the system I don't particularly like it because I liked to scan through every new post and it was easy to do that. Not so easy now.
Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
But if you started the thread, it is NOT a new post to you, only to others. If someone responds then that would be a new post and should show up. I think that's how it works now. I haven't really been paying attention to it. That IS how it works on some forums I'm on.

Likes TumblingDice
phinds said:
But if you started the thread, it is NOT a new post to you, only to others. If someone responds then that would be a new post and should show up. I think that's how it works now. I haven't really been paying attention to it. That IS how it works on some forums I'm on.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Yes that is how it works. :)

Dadface, why do you just keep quoting what others have said with no response to it? I mean, I just don't get the point.

It may be a problem with the way he is trying to reply. I deleted a post of Dadface's out of another thread when I saw it was only a quote, and now see it happening several times in this thread. I'll start a conversations with him...

Related to New Forum Posts: Where Do They Go?

1. What are new forum posts?

New forum posts are new discussions or comments that have been posted on a forum platform. They can be on any topic and are typically organized by category or subject.

2. Where do new forum posts go?

New forum posts are usually displayed on the main page of the forum, where they can be easily seen by other users. They may also be sorted into specific categories or threads depending on the forum's layout.

3. How are new forum posts different from old ones?

New forum posts are different from old ones because they are the most recent discussions or comments on the forum. Old posts may have been created days, weeks, or even years ago, while new posts are the most up-to-date content on the forum.

4. Can I reply to new forum posts?

Yes, most forum platforms allow users to reply to new forum posts. This encourages discussion and allows users to engage with one another.

5. How can I find new forum posts that I am interested in?

You can use the search function on the forum to find new posts that are related to your interests. You can also browse through different categories or use tags to narrow down your search.