I need help with the website -- where should I post these threads?

AlexJicu08
I like creating physics and chemistry problems and i want some feedback on them. What is the most appropriate forum to post them and ask for oppinions?

Physics news on Phys.org
If it's a physics problem, it should go under "Introductory physics homework help" or "Advanced physics homework help" depending on the level - you be the judge. If it's a chemistry problem, it should go under "Chemistry." In all cases state the problem, provide your solution and ask your question that requires an opinion.

kuruman said:
If it's a physics problem, it should go under "Introductory physics homework help" or "Advanced physics homework help" depending on the level - you be the judge. If it's a chemistry problem, it should go under "Chemistry." In all cases state the problem, provide your solution and ask your question that requires an opinion.
I don't have any particular questions, just feedback and opinions on how enjoyable and diifcult the problems are.
Also, how advanced do the problems have to be to be posted in the advanced forum?

AlexJicu08 said:
I don't have any particular questions, just feedback and opinions on how enjoyable and diifcult the problems are.
Also, how advanced do the problems have to be to be posted in the advanced forum?
I'm new to the website so I'm sorry if I ask too obvious questions

AlexJicu08 said:
I would say post them all in the Intro Physics Homework section, and if one of the physics mentors considers them to be more advanced than this, the problem will be moved to the Advanced section.

Be sure to mention that these are problems you have designed and include your suggested solution.

Likes Math100
Mark44 said:
I would say post them all in the Intro Physics Homework section, and if one of the physics mentors considers them to be more advanced than this, the problem will be moved to the Advanced section.

Be sure to mention that these are problems you have designed and include your suggested solution.
Ok. Thank you!

In the old times rule of thumb was "if it requires calculus it counts as advanced".

Borek said:
In the old times rule of thumb was "if it requires calculus it counts as advanced".
I think more recently it's been divided more along the lines of lower-division vs. upper-division undergraduate Physics schoolwork, with graduate level questions usually fitting in the Advanced forum as well. We used to have explanations for the different forum categories way back when (IIRC), but that's gone away with the last few PF software updates. But as already mentioned, the Mentors usually can move threads one way or the other to try to make them fit better.

Likes Math100