MS Physics Guidance: Quantum Mechanics, Nanophysics, More

In summary, the individual has a Bachelor's degree in Physics and a Master's degree in Computer Applications from India. They are currently working as a Software Engineer but have a passion for Physics since childhood. They are looking to pursue a Master's degree in Physics, specifically in Quantum Mechanics, Quantum Computation, Nanophysics, or a related field. They are open to studying anywhere in the world and are seeking guidance on the best course and any necessary entrance exams. It is suggested to research the universities they have graduated from and nearby ones for potential options. It would also be helpful to know if they are willing to relocate for the right program.
mathans
I did my Bachelor in Physics and Masters in computer Application in India. Now I am working as Software engineer. My passion is all about Physics from my childhood. I am ready to take my MS physics specialized in Quantum Mechanics, quantum computation , Nanophysics or similar field anywhere. Kindly guide me the correct course and the any entrance needed to take for joining the same. I need it very urgently and any type of suggestion is appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
The "correct" course doesn't just contain the subjects you study. For instance, I could point you to a course in North America, but would you be willing to travel there? I would suggest having a look at what the university you graduated has to offer ( and any nearby ones for that matter ).

Also, it would be helpful to other contributors if you tell us if you'd consider moving away from home if the new destination could provide you with the course you want?

Yeah i am ready to go to anywhere in the world to get study. Pls suggest me some places to take M.S

Related to MS Physics Guidance: Quantum Mechanics, Nanophysics, More

1. What is Quantum Mechanics?

Quantum Mechanics is a branch of physics that studies the behavior of particles at a very small scale, such as atoms and subatomic particles. It explains how these particles interact with each other and with energy, and how their behavior differs from classical physics.

2. What is Nanophysics?

Nanophysics is a subfield of physics that deals with the behavior of matter at the nanoscale, which is between 1 and 100 nanometers in size. It involves studying the properties of materials and structures at this scale, and how they can be manipulated and utilized for various applications.

3. How are Quantum Mechanics and Nanophysics related?

Quantum Mechanics is the underlying theory that explains the behavior of particles at the nanoscale in Nanophysics. The principles of Quantum Mechanics are essential in understanding and predicting the properties and interactions of matter at the nanoscale.

4. What are some real-world applications of Quantum Mechanics and Nanophysics?

Quantum Mechanics and Nanophysics have a wide range of applications in fields such as electronics, materials science, and medical technology. Some specific examples include transistors, quantum computing, and nanomedicine.

5. What skills are required to study and work in the field of Quantum Mechanics and Nanophysics?

A strong foundation in mathematics and physics is necessary for studying Quantum Mechanics and Nanophysics. In addition, skills in experimental design, data analysis, and critical thinking are also important for conducting research in these fields. Good communication and collaboration skills are also valuable for working in a team and presenting findings to others.