Is electrical engineering a good major for machine learning/AI jobs?

Syandan21
Hello,

I am looking into electrical engineering because I think it is an awesome major because of the math and physics involved. I am not really into building things though. I love software and computer science-related things, but I do not want to major in CS because it is a very popular major.

So is electrical engineering a good degree for me or should I look into something else?

Things I like:
Math
Lots of job security
A strong salary
Physics

Considering this, what should I major in? Should I stick to electrical engineering, or consider something else?

Physics news on Phys.org
It would help you if you could narrow down to a (sub)specialty within machine learning, AI. A strong Math background will help you in either one you choose. You may likely enter as a Data Engineer. Good luck, keep us posted.

Syandan21 said:
So is electrical engineering a good degree for me or should I look into something else?

Things I like:
Math
Lots of job security
A strong salary
Physics

Considering this, what should I major in? Should I stick to electrical engineering, or consider something else?

If you're really not attached to AI and machine learning, but are mainly looking for a career path that ticks off your boxes, you should consider a career in medical physics. If you do a search, you will find many relevant threads. It will require education and training beyond an undergrad degree, however. If you are interested, there is at least one medical physicist here who could advise you on suitable undergrad curriculum. If you wish to pursue this, start a third thread.