GRE Study Guides: which questions are closest to the actual exam?

In summary: Princeton was the easiest and least representative of the exam.In summary, the conversation is about someone seeking advice on the best guide for preparing for the general GRE, specifically for the quant section. The person has tried the official study guide, Kaplan review books, and the Princeton review book but is not satisfied with any of them. They are also looking for online sources for practice questions. One suggestion is to use the website indiabix for a variety of practice sets and patterns. Another person recommends using Barron's for the most representative and challenging questions.
Periapse
Hello Aero Forum!

I need to take the general GRE and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to which guide is best? I want to get as close to a 170 on the quant (don't we all!) as possible, so I was wondering where I can find questions closest to the actual exam. So far I have the official study guide, whose questions are insulting to the intelligence, and I've been told is horrible, the Kaplan review books, which I've been told have questions which are easier than the actual exam, and the princeton review book, which I don't know a lot about. While I'm at it, are there any online sources of questions which are close to the quant. section?

Physics news on Phys.org
You can use various sites for taking help for your quant as well other sections. It's not though to prepare anything in this era of Internet. So, if you are Internet lover then now, it's all easy to get various practice sets as well online exams through which you can check your level, that how much you have to do more effort for solving various topics. However, if you wish to prepare then go to indiabix, this is one of the awesome site which will gives you a huge number of different patterns, if you solve the questions from here, I am dab sure you will have a good concept of almost every kind of problems.Not only for quant you can also gather various other sections for being expert in GRE. :)

Hope My info will works and you will get benefits from the site!

Thanks!
examity

I tried princeton, kaplan, and barron's and barron's was definitely the hardest and most representative of the exam.

Related to GRE Study Guides: which questions are closest to the actual exam?

1. What is the purpose of a GRE study guide?

A GRE study guide is designed to help students prepare for the GRE exam by providing a comprehensive review of the material that will be covered on the actual exam. It may also include practice questions and strategies for test-taking.

2. How do I choose the right GRE study guide?

Choosing the right GRE study guide depends on your individual learning style and needs. Some factors to consider include the content covered, the reputation of the publisher, and the availability of practice questions and exams.

3. Are GRE study guides accurate representations of the actual exam?

While GRE study guides are designed to closely mimic the content and format of the actual exam, they may not be exact replicas. It is important to use multiple study resources and to familiarize yourself with the format and content of the official GRE exam.

4. How can I make the most of my GRE study guide?

To make the most of your GRE study guide, it is important to create a study plan and stick to it. Set aside dedicated study time each day and use the practice questions and exams provided in the guide to assess your progress and identify areas for improvement.

5. Can I rely solely on a GRE study guide to prepare for the exam?

While a GRE study guide can be a valuable tool in your preparation for the exam, it is not recommended to rely solely on it. It is important to also use other study resources, such as official GRE practice tests and review materials, to ensure you are fully prepared for the exam.