Do We Have Referrals? FAQ & Forum Links

• Thread starter pelastration
  • Start date
In summary, there is a possibility for referrals on the forum, as mentioned in the FAQ. This would involve using a unique referral link to promote the forum and gain referrals. It is not currently implemented, but may be considered in the next upgrade. There is also a similar system in place at talkroot.com.
pelastration
Do we have referrals on the forum? Links from a website to here? In FAQ there is mentioned the possibility.
Maybe for the next upgrade?

Physics news on Phys.org
You mean something like this: http://sonty.go.ro/bookmarks.html ?
greg, I hope you don't mind I didn't ask for a banner (and permission). If you have one send it over...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sonty.

No. You just give a simple link in a new window. But if the link would contain your ID-number (1296) of PF then Greg would know that you provided the link to here. Now he can know this also but need to check all incoming IP-numbers on his server log. In a referrals system this is automatic. It's the basic system used for banner technology ... and to make money when you bring a real client to Amazon, etc.

On the PF FAQ:

What are referrals?

The administrator may have enabled referrals, which allows you to be credited for any new users you invite to the forum.

You gain referrals by promoting Physics Forums using your unique referral link. The link you should use as your referral link is this:

https://www.physicsforums.com/index.php?referrerid=550

Each time someone follows this link to Physics Forums and registers as a new member, your referral count will be incremented by one. The number of referrals you have can be viewed in your profile.

Your administrator will have more information on any prizes or rewards that may be given out for referrals. Please be courteous when promoting Physics Forums by not spamming other web sites with your referral link just to gain referrals.

Yes Greg should be upto it , Yes may be on next upgrade :wink:
I believe this system is on at talkroot.com

Related to Do We Have Referrals? FAQ & Forum Links

1. What is the purpose of "Do We Have Referrals? FAQ & Forum Links?"

The purpose of "Do We Have Referrals? FAQ & Forum Links" is to provide a centralized location for individuals to ask questions, share information, and seek help related to referrals. It also serves as a resource for finding helpful links and resources related to referrals.

2. How can I submit a question or post on the forum?

To submit a question or post on the forum, you can click on the "Ask a Question" or "Start a Discussion" button on the homepage. You will then be prompted to create an account or log in if you already have one. Once you are logged in, you can post your question or discussion topic.

3. Are there any guidelines or rules for posting on the forum?

Yes, there are guidelines and rules for posting on the forum. These can be found in the "Community Guidelines" section on the homepage. Some basic rules include being respectful to others, avoiding spam or self-promotion, and staying on topic.

4. How can I find answers to my questions without posting on the forum?

If you do not want to post on the forum, you can use the search bar on the homepage to look for existing discussions or questions related to your topic. You can also browse through the different categories and tags to find relevant information.

5. Can I share outside links or resources on the forum?

Yes, outside links or resources can be shared on the forum as long as they are relevant to the topic being discussed and do not violate the community guidelines. However, it is always recommended to provide a brief explanation or summary of the link to give context to other users.