Missing relativity FAQ entries

• Thread starter Bandersnatch
  • Start date
In summary, the links to Bell's spaceship paradox and relativistic mass in the relativity FAQ have been removed from the STEM learning materials section and are now accessible in the Insights section. This is a result of FAQs being moved to insights, which some might see as a relegation. However, this change will make the FAQs more easily accessible. The links will be fixed to lead to the appropriate Insights article.
Bandersnatch
Science Advisor
The links to Bell's spaceship paradox and relativistic mass in the relativity FAQ lead to the black hole. I see the articles have been removed from the STEM learning materials section.

I assume this has got to do with their being relegated to the Insights section.

Perhaps fixing the link, so that it leads to the appropriate Insights article would be in order.

A complete removal of the entry from the pinned post in the relativity section would be an alternative - but personally I'd rather see all the FAQ entries accessible from one place.

Physics news on Phys.org
Bandersnatch said:
I assume this has got to do with their being relegated to the Insights section.
Indeed, FAQs are being moved to insights. I am not sure I would call this a relegation, I think nobody was able to find them in the STEM Learning Materials forum ...

I will be fixing those links today, thanks

Related to Missing relativity FAQ entries

1. What is relativity and why is it important in science?

Relativity is a theory developed by Albert Einstein that explains the relationship between space and time. It is important in science because it revolutionized our understanding of the physical world and led to the development of many new technologies.

2. What are the two main types of relativity?

The two main types of relativity are special relativity and general relativity. Special relativity deals with the laws of physics in inertial reference frames, while general relativity extends these laws to non-inertial frames and explains the effects of gravity.

3. What are some real-life applications of relativity?

Relativity has many practical applications in everyday life, such as GPS technology, nuclear energy, and particle accelerators. It also helps us understand the behavior of objects moving at high speeds and the curvature of space-time.

4. How has relativity been tested and proven?

Relativity has been tested and proven through numerous experiments and observations, including the famous Michelson-Morley experiment and the observation of gravitational lensing. It has also been confirmed by its ability to accurately predict and explain phenomena in the physical world.

5. Are there any unresolved issues or challenges with relativity?

While relativity is a well-established theory, there are still some unresolved issues and challenges. For example, it has not yet been unified with quantum mechanics, and there are discrepancies between general relativity and observations of the universe on a large scale. Scientists continue to work on these challenges and explore new theories to better understand the universe.