XPHow to Transfer Pictures from Olympus C-50 Zoom Camera to Computer

In summary, the user is having trouble transferring pictures from their Olympus C-50 Zoom digital camera to their computer. They have connected the camera to their computer but cannot find the pictures in My Computer. They are using Windows XP and are wondering if they need any drivers or software to transfer the pictures. The solution is to download the appropriate software from the Olympus website.
aychamo
Hey guys;

I'm having an add problem with my digital camera. It's an Olympus C-50 Zoom. I plug it into my USB port, and it says "New Hardware Found", then it shows that it recognizes it as what it is, the digital camera, then it says it found a "USB Mass Storage Device". It shows no errors, and everything seems fine.

But I can't get the pictures off of my camera! I look in My Computer and it doesn't show any folders where it would be storing the pictures. It doesn't show any additional disk drive, etc.

Does anyone know how I can get my pictures off of the camera? This is WinXP btw :) Thank you kindly.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Did it come with any software/drivers? It would be nice if it didn't require it (it shouldn't need it), but it might anyway.

This is what you need:

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/cpg_downloads.asp?Category=Digital+Camera&Product=891&OS=Win

Related to XPHow to Transfer Pictures from Olympus C-50 Zoom Camera to Computer

1. Why is my digital camera not turning on?

There could be several reasons why your digital camera is not turning on. First, check to make sure the battery is fully charged and inserted correctly. If the battery is dead or not properly inserted, the camera will not turn on. Another possibility is that the power button or switch is malfunctioning. In this case, you may need to have the camera repaired by a professional.

2. Why are my pictures blurry?

There are a few possible reasons for blurry pictures on a digital camera. The most common cause is camera shake, which can occur if the camera is not held steady while taking a photo. Another possibility is that the autofocus is not working properly. Make sure the lens is clean and try manually focusing the camera. Finally, blurry pictures can also be caused by a low shutter speed, which can be adjusted in the camera's settings.

3. How do I transfer photos from my digital camera to my computer?

The method for transferring photos from a digital camera to a computer may vary depending on the make and model of your camera. However, most digital cameras can be connected to a computer via a USB cable. Once connected, the camera should show up as a removable device on your computer. Simply open the device, select the photos you want to transfer, and drag them to a folder on your computer.

4. Why are my photos overexposed or underexposed?

Overexposed or underexposed photos are typically caused by incorrect exposure settings on the camera. Make sure the ISO, aperture, and shutter speed are set correctly for the lighting conditions. You can also try using the camera's exposure compensation feature to adjust the brightness of the photo. If the issue persists, there may be a problem with the camera's light meter and it may need to be repaired.

5. How do I fix a lens error on my digital camera?

A lens error on a digital camera can occur if the lens is stuck or damaged. To fix this issue, try gently tapping the camera on a flat surface or blowing compressed air around the lens to dislodge any debris. If this does not work, the camera may need to be taken to a professional for repair. It is important to avoid forcing the lens or trying to disassemble the camera yourself, as this can cause further damage.