Writing Equations: How-To & Tips | FAQs

• Thread starter Ragualramen
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of formulas in writing questions and the issue of preview not showing formulas when brackets are used. They also mention the option of attaching photos instead of writing formulas. The solution provided is to use double dollar signs for inline formulas and to omit spaces within brackets for the preview to work properly.
Ragualramen
I'd like to write a questions but I don't understand how to write formulas, why if I write [ tex ] \phi[ / tex ] the preview doesn't show me any formula? thank you
Is it ok if I attach a photo of the formulas instead of writing them?

Physics news on Phys.org
Ok i have to write $$ before and after

Ragualramen said:
if I write [ tex ] \phi[ / tex ] the preview doesn't show me any formula
It does work if you omit all five of the spaces within the brackets.

Ragualramen said:
Ok i have to write $$ before and after

Or double hashes for inline formulas. E.g.

With ##a = 1## we have:
$$x = \frac{-b \pm \sqrt{b^2 -4c}} {2}$$

Related to Writing Equations: How-To & Tips | FAQs

What is an equation?

An equation is a mathematical statement that shows the relationship between two or more variables.

Why is it important to write equations correctly?

Writing equations correctly is important because it ensures that the equation accurately represents the relationship between variables and can be used to solve problems and make predictions.

What are the steps for writing an equation?

The steps for writing an equation are: 1) Identify the variables and their relationships, 2) Choose the appropriate symbols for the variables, 3) Write the equation using mathematical operators such as +, -, *, /, and =, 4) Simplify the equation if possible, 5) Check for errors and accuracy.

What are some tips for writing equations?

Some tips for writing equations include: 1) Use clear and concise language, 2) Be consistent with the use of symbols and operators, 3) Use parentheses to clarify the order of operations, 4) Double check your work for accuracy, 5) Practice and seek help if needed.

What are common mistakes to avoid when writing equations?

Common mistakes to avoid when writing equations include: 1) Forgetting to use parentheses to indicate the order of operations, 2) Making errors in simplifying the equation, 3) Using incorrect symbols or confusing similar symbols, 4) Not checking for accuracy, 5) Not clearly labeling the variables and their units.