Writing equations and calculating cost based on a graph

In summary, the Doggone Leash Company charges an additional fee for each letter after the first 10. The cost of a leash with no additional letters is $11.
So if I am correct should i just use that formula to solve for the graph i made?

Physics news on Phys.org
Kirito123 said:
So if I am correct should i just use that formula to solve for the graph i made?
Yes, make a chart for prices all the way from 0 extra letters all the way to 12 extra letters. When finished, make sure it agrees with the graph.

ok

Yes that formula is right. i tried it with 0 , 1 , 2, and 3 and i got the same answer as shown on the graph. I think the whole reason i got it wrong was because i didn't look a the graph closely. i think i can do the rest now. Thx a lot :)

Try larger values of x.

Check a larger range of the graph.

x=6, 8, 9,12 .

ok i will

Ok i tested it out for 6 and other numbers and i got the right answer, (srry for the late reply). But anyway that proves the formula is right and THX SO MUCH.

if I am wrong pls correct me. Formula : y = 1.25x + 11

Kirito123 said:
Ok i tested it out for 6 and other numbers and i got the right answer, (srry for the late reply). But anyway that proves the formula is right and THX SO MUCH.

if I am wrong pls correct me. Formula : y = 1.25x + 11

Seems good.

thank you again.

Likes member 587159