Would you- Industrial Automation Control Sysytems

In summary: I have heard stories of companies that are very accommodating and others that are not so much.I think it is that way is because I have been discriminated against from even applying to several robotic/automation companies because I am a white male. I don't know why this is but one of my systems professors once told me it was because minorities, epically those from the middle east, have much higher test scores than us average white males. I think that's a load of BS but I'm pretty sure the US gov. gives kickbacks for the more minorities you have in the work place.
budala
anyone did or intends to choose industrial automation control systems ( IACS) for
their training and/or occupation?

do you have any info about IACS job wise, money wise,
difficulties (nerve wrecking) job, job stability,
stress and everything else related to industrial automation control systems?

***** i heard it's very stressful job?

Physics news on Phys.org
The management side of industrial manufacturing is extremely stressful. Many line managers are known not to last more than five years. If anything happens, even if its out of your control, your probably going to be fired on the spot. As for the science side, its not that bad. The only thing I don't like about automation/robotics engineering is that you have to be a minority to get a job.

Topher925, Thank you very much for your opinion.

The only thing I don't like about automation/robotics engineering is that you have to be a minority to get a job.

please, could you elaborate a bit about this?
what makes you to think that way and if it's true could you tell us Why would it be that way.
i would really like to know everything/anything about it
before i make up my selection.

Thank you bro!

what makes you to think that way and if it's true could you tell us Why would it be that way

I think it is that way is because I have been discriminated against from even applying to several robotic/automation companies because I am a white male. I won't name the companies but basically the HR reps wouldn't even look at my resume because they wanted to "diversify" the work place. Basically, they didn't care how much I knew or how great at my field I am all they cared about was the color of my skin and where my parents came from. This hasn't just happened to me but other fellow colleagues from school have been discriminated against as well.

I don't know why this is but one of my systems professors once told me it was because minorities, epically those from the middle east, have much higher test scores than us average white males. I think that's a load of BS but I'm pretty sure the US gov. gives kickbacks for the more minorities you have in the work place.

If you want to PM me we can discuss my experiences with specific companies but I probably shouldn't post them in a thread.

The amount of stress involved has a lot to do with the companies management, equipment condition, and complexity of the process.

I don't know why this is but one of my systems professors once told me it was because minorities, epically those from the middle east, have much higher test scores than us average white males. I think that's a load of BS but I'm pretty sure the US gov. gives kickbacks for the more minorities you have in the work place.

You seriously think the U.S. government or anyone corporate cares about middle easterners for diversity reasons? "diverse" always means female, latino, black or native american when it's uttered here.

Companies like foreigners from asia because they will work for less and their visas basically stipulate that they remain employed by the company that hired them to stay in the country, i.e. if you find a better offer you can't jump ship without surmounting significant hurdles.

Topher925 said:
If anything happens, even if its out of your control, your probably going to be fired on the spot. The only thing I don't like about automation/robotics engineering is that you have to be a minority to get a job.

Personally, I have never encountered either of these problems, not to say though that it is an impossibility. It would depend mostly on what company you work for.

Related to Would you- Industrial Automation Control Sysytems

What is industrial automation?

Industrial automation refers to the use of advanced technology and systems to control and operate machinery and processes in manufacturing, production, and other industrial settings. It involves the use of sensors, controllers, and software to automate tasks and make them more efficient and accurate.

What are control systems in industrial automation?

Control systems in industrial automation are the devices and software used to monitor and regulate the operation of machinery and processes. These systems can range from simple on/off switches to complex computerized systems that can adjust parameters and make decisions based on data and algorithms.

What are the benefits of industrial automation?

Industrial automation offers many benefits, including increased efficiency, improved safety, and cost savings. By automating tasks, companies can reduce human error and improve production speed and accuracy. It also allows for remote monitoring and control, reducing the need for on-site personnel and increasing safety in hazardous environments.

What industries use industrial automation?

Industrial automation is used in a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, oil and gas, automotive, and many others. Any industry that involves repetitive or complex tasks can benefit from implementing industrial automation control systems.

What skills are needed to work with industrial automation control systems?

Professionals working with industrial automation control systems should have a strong background in engineering, computer science, and mathematics. They should also have knowledge of programming languages, control systems, and industrial processes. Strong problem-solving and analytical skills are also important in this field.