Woman finds her three children decapitated

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Children
In summary: Hehe, I busted. I didn't want to read the whole story.That's why I summarized it for you.In summary, three people were found decapitated in their home. The only difference between the three was that one of the victims had their head cut off.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
My God! I just saw this on the news. As I understood the report, the poor woman came home and found her young son and two daughters as indicated.

Not much on the news can get to me these days, but this...

Sometimes I think I should just quit watching the news altogether.

Physics news on Phys.org
ouch, where and when did this happen

well, mass media just want to find as many sensations as they can, that's all.

It wouldn't surprise me if the choice of decapitation was due to the video of Berg.

Here's the article.

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20040528_760.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do they never report anything good in the news?

jimmy p said:
Why do they never report anything good in the news?
They do, but the bad stuff is what people are more likely to remember. For example, here is a good news article that was next to the murder article.

Vital signs found in boy thought dead

BOISE, Idaho (AP) -- A hospital worker preparing a drowned 2-year-old for a funeral home noticed the boy was breathing -- more than an hour after he had been pronounced dead.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/05/28/near.drowning.ap/index.html

I saw this on CNN but I only caught a portion of the story. Tsu said she saw it also [I'm out of town right now], so maybe she will know more.

I guess my point is really the value, or lack thereof, of watching the news these days. We sit, watch, and are often sickened by the days events, and then we proceed to bed for a good nights sleep?

I don't watch anymore. I read the paper, or look on line for up to the minute stuff. I have 2 small kids and I don't want them seeing the horrors they insist are news. I don't argue for censorship, I am free not to watch.

What really pisses me off though, is when they insist on giving teasers for the evening's horror stories during family oriented programming.

Njorl

I agree with Njorl. It's not so much that they report it, after all their job is to report "news", it's how they report it (and advertise it).

Njorl said:
I don't watch anymore. I read the paper, or look on line for up to the minute stuff. I have 2 small kids and I don't want them seeing the horrors they insist are news. I don't argue for censorship, I am free not to watch.
Would you still not watch the news if it weren't for your children? (just wondering)

Chen said:
Would you still not watch the news if it weren't for your children? (just wondering)

I'd watch the national news. The local news is only good for sports and weather.

Njorl

Evo said:
It wouldn't surprise me if the choice of decapitation was due to the video of Berg.

Here's the article.

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20040528_760.html

Gees, I completely missed your link.
Thanks Evo.

Note that only one of the three slain was decaptitated.

i can't believe people actually do this stuff...

Ivan Seeking said:
Note that only one of the three slain was decaptitated.
But the other two were almost completely decapitated. It's so senseless.

Evo said:
But the other two were almost completely decapitated.

Hee hee, I busted. I didn't want to read the whole story.

Related to Woman finds her three children decapitated

1. What happened in the incident?

The incident refers to the tragic discovery of a woman finding her three children decapitated in their home.

2. Who was involved in the incident?

The woman who found her children decapitated was the mother of the children and the only adult present in the home at the time of the incident. The identities of the children have not been disclosed.

3. What could have caused this horrific event?

At this time, the cause of the decapitations is still under investigation. However, it is believed that the children were killed by a sharp object and the mother is the main suspect.

4. Was anyone arrested in connection to the incident?

Yes, the mother has been arrested and charged with the murder of her three children. She is currently in police custody and awaiting trial.

5. What support is being offered to the family and community during this tragedy?

In the wake of this horrific event, the community and local authorities are providing support and resources to the family and community members affected by this tragedy. This includes grief counseling, community support groups, and assistance with funeral arrangements.