Windows 10 Problem: Cursor Gone after Fixing Issues

Task ManagerIn summary, the conversation discusses encountering a problem with Windows 10 on a computer and the solution of restarting the computer. The speaker also mentions using keyboard shortcuts to navigate the Windows UI and references a line from Star Trek. They also mention the usefulness of the Ctrl+Alt+Del and Ctrl+Shift+Esc keyboard shortcuts.
mathman
Science Advisor
Windows 10 found some problems in my computer and fixed them, leaving a message that I had to restart. However, the cursor was gone and there was no indication of how to restart. I had to shut off the computer hardware and then restart by turning it back on - there should be a better way.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Keyboard?

The Windows key should open the dashboard, then tabbing will get you to the Restart options.

Whenever I have to use keyboard to navigate the Windows UI, I always imagine I am Scotty, who still knows how to type old school.

XRwjJ.jpg

<scotty's accent>Hello Computer</scotty's accent>
Awesome, now i must go home and watch star trek 4!
Has someone made transparent aluminium yet?

Also, always remember, Ctrl+Alt+Del is your friend
or Ctrl + Shift + Esc

1. What could be causing my cursor to disappear after fixing Windows 10 issues?

There are several possible reasons for this issue. One common cause is a corrupted or outdated mouse driver. Another possibility is that a recent Windows update may have caused compatibility issues with your mouse. It could also be a hardware malfunction or a conflict with other software on your computer.

2. How can I fix the issue of my cursor disappearing after fixing Windows 10 issues?

First, try updating your mouse driver. You can do this by going to the Device Manager, finding your mouse, and selecting "Update Driver." If that doesn't work, try rolling back to a previous driver version. If the issue persists, try performing a System Restore to a point before the problem started. You can also try disconnecting and reconnecting your mouse or using a different mouse altogether.

3. I recently updated my Windows 10 and now my cursor is gone, what can I do?

If the issue only started after a recent Windows update, it's likely a compatibility issue. You can try rolling back to a previous version of Windows or contacting Microsoft for further assistance. You can also try updating your mouse driver or performing a System Restore.

4. My cursor is gone after fixing issues, but I can still see it in Safe Mode. What does this mean?

If your cursor is visible in Safe Mode, it's likely that a third-party software or driver is causing the issue. Try disabling any recently installed software or drivers and see if that resolves the problem. You can also try booting into Safe Mode with Networking and updating your mouse driver from there.

5. I've tried all the solutions and my cursor is still missing after fixing Windows 10 issues. What else can I do?

If none of the above solutions work, it's possible that there is a hardware malfunction with your mouse. Try using a different mouse to see if the issue persists. If it does, you may need to contact a computer technician for further assistance or replace your mouse altogether.