Why Was My Post Removed from the Forum?

• Thread starter symbolipoint
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the option of deleting posts on a forum and the consequences of doing so. The participants also mention the process of editing posts and the importance of giving a reason when deleting. They also mention the role of moderators in restoring deleted posts.
symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
I remove this post which I made.

Physics news on Phys.org
Too bad. I just restored it. So there! :smile:

• Haha
Likes Vanadium 50
berkeman said:
Too bad. I just restored it. So there! :smile:
No. We apparently do not have the option of deleting our post, but we have the option to edit our post; so I did that (edited the post).

symbolipoint said:
No. We apparently do not have the option of deleting our post, but we have the option to edit our post; so I did that (edited the post).
I have deleted posts before. If I have made a big mistake or another poster replied before me with the same information and I did not spot it. As you long as you give a reason for deleting.

symbolipoint said:
First posts cannot be deleted. If it is a reply somewhere in the thread, that can be deleted.

Generally if I have to delete the OP (and, hence, the thread itself), I post, in giant size, a notice at the beginning of the OP:

Do NOT reply to this thread! Deletion has been requested.

And then report the OP and request a deletion. This way, you can also save the time of others.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Likes berkeman and symbolipoint
pinball1970 said:
As you long as you give a reason for deleting.
Giving a reason is optional. If the mods find something sus, they will contact you asking for a reason, and restore the post if necessary for thread continuity.

If someone removes, by deleting or editing out, a legitimate post (sometimes happens in HH), please report it so we can undo the edit/deletion.

Likes Wrichik Basu and Bystander

Related to Why Was My Post Removed from the Forum?

1. Why was my post removed for violating community guidelines?

Posts may be removed if they contain inappropriate content, such as hate speech, harassment, or promotion of illegal activities. It is important to review the community guidelines before posting to ensure that your content is appropriate.

2. Can I appeal the removal of my post?

Yes, you can appeal the removal of your post by contacting the platform or community moderators. Be sure to provide a clear explanation of why you believe your post was wrongly removed.

3. Is there a specific reason why my post was removed?

In most cases, the platform or community moderators will provide a reason for the removal of your post. If you did not receive a reason, you can reach out to them for clarification.

4. Can I edit my post and repost it?

If your post was removed for a minor violation, such as a misspelling or incorrect formatting, you may be able to edit and repost it. However, if it was removed for a more serious violation, it is best to reach out to the moderators for guidance.

5. Will my post be permanently deleted?

In most cases, posts that are removed for violating community guidelines will be permanently deleted. However, if you believe your post was removed in error, you can appeal the decision and it may be reinstated.