How to remove a member from a conversation?

• Thread starter dlgoff
  • Start date
In summary, to remove a member from a conversation, you can either right-click on their name and select "Remove from conversation" or click on the group chat settings and select "Remove member." You can also remove someone from a conversation without them knowing by selecting the option to "Remove member" from the group chat settings. When you remove a member from a conversation, they will no longer be able to see the conversation or participate in it, and they will not receive any notifications from the conversation. However, you can add a member back to a conversation by clicking on the group chat settings and selecting "Add member" or by sharing the conversation link with them. It is also possible to remove multiple members from a conversation at once by selecting all
dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
@Greg Bernhardt
Trying to remove @berkeman from this conversation:
https://www.physicsforums.com/conversations/wish-i-would-have.219094/

Physics news on Phys.org
Never mind. I finally found the option to Leave the conversation -- it's hidden under the little 3-horizontal-dot icon at the upper-right of the PM conversation window.

1. How do I remove a member from a conversation?

To remove a member from a conversation, you can click on their name or profile picture within the conversation and select the option to remove them. Alternatively, you can also right-click on their name and select "remove from conversation."

2. Can I remove multiple members at once from a conversation?

Yes, you can remove multiple members at once from a conversation by selecting all the members you want to remove and then clicking on the option to remove them from the conversation.

3. Will the removed member be able to see the conversation history?

No, once a member is removed from a conversation, they will no longer have access to the conversation or its history.

4. Can a member remove themselves from a conversation?

Yes, a member can remove themselves from a conversation by clicking on the "leave conversation" option. This will remove them from the conversation and they will no longer receive any messages from it.

5. What happens if I accidentally remove a member from a conversation?

If you accidentally remove a member from a conversation, you can always add them back by clicking on the option to "add members" and selecting their name from the list. However, they will not be able to see any messages sent before they were removed.