Why is Newtonian physics counter-intuitive?

• Thread starter Riichiro Mizoguchi
  • Start date
In summary, Newtonian physics is considered counter-intuitive because it goes against our everyday observations and experiences. The laws of motion and gravity, which form the basis of Newtonian physics, do not align with our common sense notions of how objects move and interact with each other. Additionally, concepts such as time and space being relative and the idea of objects having both wave and particle properties are difficult for our brains to comprehend. Despite its counter-intuitive nature, Newtonian physics has proven to be a highly accurate and useful framework for understanding the physical world.
Riichiro Mizoguchi
How did you find PF?
While I was web surfing I came across it.
I'm an AI researcher who is interested in physics education. I've been wondering why Newtonian physics is so counter-intuitive.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

Ohio, Riichiro-san. Welcome to the PF. :smile:
Riichiro Mizoguchi said:
I've been wondering why Newtonian physics is so counter-intuitive.
Oh, it gets much weirder than Newtonian physics. Have a look at our Relativity and Quantum Mechanics forums... :wink:

Likes etotheipi
Riichiro Mizoguchi said:
How did you find PF?: While I was web surfing I came across it.

I'm an AI researcher who is interested in physics education. I've been wondering why Newtonian physics is so counter-intuitive.

Konichiwa.

Newtonian physics is counter intuitive to you? Why, considering that it is so apparent and surrounds you everyday?

Besides, this is the wrong place on PF to discuss this. You should find the Classical Physics forum and describes in detail why it is counter-intuitive to you.

Zz.