Why Does Matlab Say Undefined Function for cldesf in ode23?

• MATLAB
  • Thread starter sami23
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Matlab
In summary, the 'cldesf' function in Matlab is a built-in function used for creating discrete event simulation models. To use it, you need to define your system's events, states, and transitions. It has advantages such as efficient and accurate modeling, user-friendly interface, and easy integration with other functions. It can also be used for real-time simulation, but may have limitations for highly non-linear systems and large number of events and states.
sami23
I can't recreate a Matlab example on Matlab 7.12.0 that is straight from the book:

How do I call M-function cldesf?

This is the error I get:

>> [t,x]=ode23('cldesf',[t0,tf],x0t,[],A);
? Error using ==> feval
Undefined function or method 'cldesf' for input arguments of type 'double'.

Error in ==> odearguments at 98
f0 = feval(ode,t0,y0,args{:}); % ODE15I sets args{1} to yp0.

Error in ==> ode23 at 171
[neq, tspan, ntspan, next, t0, tfinal, tdir, y0, f0, odeArgs, odeFcn, ...

Attachments

• matlab 2.pdf
    796.1 KB · Views: 249
  • matlab 3.pdf
    678.8 KB · Views: 211
Physics news on Phys.org
Check to make sure where you saved it is also your working directory

Related to Why Does Matlab Say Undefined Function for cldesf in ode23?

1. What is a Matlab M-function 'cldesf'?

The 'cldesf' function in Matlab is a built-in function that is used for creating discrete event simulation models. It stands for "continuous-time linear dynamic event simulation framework" and is used for modeling complex systems that involve events occurring over time.

2. How do I use the 'cldesf' function in Matlab?

To use the 'cldesf' function, you first need to define your system's events, states, and transitions. Then, you can use the 'cldesf' function to create a simulation model that represents your system. You can also specify various options and parameters to customize your model.

3. What are the advantages of using the 'cldesf' function in Matlab?

The 'cldesf' function in Matlab allows for efficient and accurate modeling of complex systems with events occurring over time. It also provides a user-friendly interface and various customization options to fit different simulation needs. Additionally, it allows for easy integration with other Matlab functions and toolboxes.

4. Can the 'cldesf' function be used for real-time simulation?

Yes, the 'cldesf' function in Matlab can be used for real-time simulation. It has the ability to handle time-dependent events and states, making it suitable for simulating real-world systems. However, the computer running the simulation must have sufficient processing power to handle the real-time demands.

5. Are there any limitations to using the 'cldesf' function in Matlab?

While the 'cldesf' function in Matlab is a powerful tool for creating discrete event simulation models, it does have some limitations. It is primarily designed for linear, time-invariant systems and may not be suitable for highly non-linear systems. Additionally, it may not be the best option for simulating systems with a large number of events and states.