Why Does Firefox Keep Crashing and How to Fix It?

• Thread starter Kutt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Firefox
In summary: Try deleting your cookies, history, and cache and see if that fixes the problem.In summary, Firefox crashes and error message pops up every minute or so.
Kutt
Every minute or so, firefox crashes and this error message pops up.

What's wrong and is there anything I can do to fix this?

502d81207868668.jpg

Computer science news on Phys.org
Since I don't know what the environment you are working in, it is hard to give a definitive answer. My first suggestion is delete Firefox and download a fresh copy.

mathman said:
Since I don't know what the environment you are working in, it is hard to give a definitive answer. My first suggestion is delete Firefox and download a fresh copy.

I'm using a top-of-the-line $3,500 desktop computer at my home.

I agree w/ the suggestion to obliterate FireFox from your computer and then download a fresh copy and reinstall.

Hold down your Left Shift button, while holding down shift Open Firefox,

You will be represented with this screen
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6119/56213741.png
Select Disable All Add-on's
Reset All User Preferences To Firefox Defaults
push enter or click on make changes and restart.

If you want to enable some of your addons again
simply just press Ctrl+Shift+A and select the addons to enable.

If that doesn't fix your issue with crashing most likely it is due to cache
goto options, advanced, network, clear the cache and set a higher limit.
ref.
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5339/41833496.png

I personally use AddBlocker Plus as the addon to stop spyware/addware/addbots and so forth as it blocks all add's from every site, i would highly recommend this addon to stop this from happening in the future (clicking on an add accidently can cause a lot of issues)

Last edited by a moderator:
Try to download another browser and see if that works.

I recommend chrome.

If you feel adventuresome, try Avant. It is essentially a front end where you can use IE, Firefox, or Chrome. You need IE for it to work.

I uninstalled and reinstalled firefox and I am still experiencing this problem. In fact, it is getting worse.

Could be a problem with my internet cache or virtual memory since there are problems and crashes when loading photos.

Related to Why Does Firefox Keep Crashing and How to Fix It?

1. Why does Firefox keep crashing?

There are several reasons why Firefox may crash, including outdated software, corrupted files, or conflicting extensions. It is important to troubleshoot the specific cause of the crash in order to find a solution.

2. How can I fix a crashing Firefox?

There are a few steps you can take to try and fix a crashing Firefox. First, make sure your software is up to date. Then, try disabling any extensions or add-ons that may be causing conflicts. You can also try clearing your cache and cookies, or resetting Firefox to its default settings.

3. Will reinstalling Firefox fix the crashing issue?

In some cases, reinstalling Firefox can fix a crashing issue. However, it is important to note that this should be a last resort, as it will erase all of your saved data and settings. It is recommended to try other troubleshooting steps first.

4. Can a virus or malware cause Firefox to crash?

Yes, a virus or malware infection can potentially cause Firefox to crash. It is important to regularly run antivirus software on your computer to prevent and remove any malicious programs that may be affecting your browser.

5. Is there a way to prevent Firefox from crashing in the future?

While there is no foolproof way to prevent Firefox from crashing, there are some steps you can take to minimize the chances. These include keeping your software and extensions up to date, regularly clearing your cache and cookies, and avoiding visiting suspicious websites or downloading unknown files.