Why can't i reply to this thread?

• Thread starter larry909
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the locking of old threads on the Physics Forums website to prevent necroposting. The thread in question is related to a possible medical issue, but the forum rules prohibit giving medical advice. The use of the term "necroposting" is praised by one of the participants in the conversation.
Physics news on Phys.org
Old threads are locked to avoid necroposting.

They lock old threads here. That one's ten years old. Start a new thread if you've something relevant to say.

Note that it looks medical - you may find a new thread about medical problems is closed quite quickly these days.

larry909 said:
Ibix said:
Note that it looks medical - you may find a new thread about medical problems is closed quite quickly these days.
Yes, we are not allowed to give medical advice or try to provide a remote diagnosis here on the PF. That is in the PF rules and is emphasized by the stickie thread at the top of the Medical forum. @larry909 -- please keep that in mind when posting in the Medical/Biology forum. Thanks.

Borek said:
necroposting

What a great word. :wideeyed:

Borek said:
Old threads are locked to avoid necroposting.
anorlunda said:
What a great word.
Yes indeed. So, I suppose that "liking" an old post is necrophilia.

Likes Hypercube, OmCheeto, Drakkith and 4 others

Related to Why can't i reply to this thread?

1. Why can't I reply to this thread?

There could be several reasons for this. The thread may be closed for discussion, or you may not have the necessary permissions to post a reply. It is also possible that there is a technical issue with the website or forum.

2. I am logged in, but I still can't reply to the thread. Why?

If you are logged in, it is possible that your account has been restricted or banned from participating in the thread. This may be due to a violation of forum rules or inappropriate behavior. It is best to contact the forum moderators for further clarification.

3. Can I reply to old threads?

It depends on the forum's rules and settings. Some forums may allow users to reply to old threads, while others may automatically close threads after a certain period of time. It is best to check the forum's guidelines or contact the moderators for more information.

4. Why do I have to sign in to reply to a thread?

Many forums require users to create an account and sign in to participate in discussions. This is to ensure that all users are held accountable for their actions and to prevent spam or inappropriate content from being posted.

5. I see other people have replied to the thread, but I can't. What's wrong?

If you are unable to reply while others have successfully posted, it is possible that there is a technical issue with the website or forum. It is also possible that the thread has been locked or deleted by the moderators. It is best to contact the forum administrators for further assistance.