Why are there clouds over the Intertropical Convergence Zone?

In summary: The rising warm air (caused by the front) cools the air, which then becomes saturated with water vapor. This saturation causes the clouds to form (i.e., the water vapor condenses into tiny liquid droplets and ice crystals).
Hall
Intertropical Tropical Zone is the zone where north-east and south-east trade winds converge. This zone usually occurs over (I don’t know if “on” should be here) the equator.

In the book The Atmosphere: An Introduction to Meteorology by Lutgens and Tarbuck (13th Edition), Figure 7.9 reads
The Intertropical convergence zone (ITCZ) . This zone of low pressure and convergence is seen as a band of clouds that extends east-west slightly north of the equator.

I cannot understand why are there clouds over the ITCZ. First of all, the clouds are very small water droplets at temperature well below freezing points, that implies that coming trade winds have to have moisture in them. But here is a delicate point which I haven’t understood by reading books, and I believe only by an experienced man that I can get my bridges built up (or get them repaired), how do moist winds cause cloud formation? Here is the scenario: the wind had begun from, almost, ##30^{\circ}## latitude, picked up moisture somewhere in between and reached the equator. At the equator, it may rise up and thus relative humidity reaches its maximum level. The decrease in temperature as the air rises cause the moisture in coming trade winds to form droplets, and due to absence of any nucleui, large droplets and ice crystals are not formed. These droplets at low temperatures is what we see as clouds.

Is my explanation acceptable?

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
In a convergence one mass of air willl usually ride up the frontal edge of the other, the warm air rising over the cooler air of a cold front. Rising air cools. Moisture then forms water droplets, which form clouds.
You see this with an approaching front.

1. Why is the Intertropical Convergence Zone (ITCZ) associated with clouds?

The Intertropical Convergence Zone (ITCZ) is a region near the Earth's equator where the trade winds from the northern and southern hemispheres meet. This convergence of winds causes warm, moist air to rise, leading to the formation of clouds and precipitation.

2. How does the ITCZ affect the global climate?

The ITCZ plays a crucial role in regulating the Earth's climate by redistributing heat and moisture from the tropics to other regions. It also influences the formation of hurricanes and monsoons, which can have significant impacts on local and regional weather patterns.

3. Why are there more clouds over the ITCZ than other regions?

The ITCZ receives a high amount of solar radiation, causing the warm, moist air to rise and form clouds. Additionally, the convergence of trade winds and the presence of warm ocean currents further contribute to the formation of clouds in this region.

4. How does the ITCZ move throughout the year?

The ITCZ is not a fixed location and can shift north or south depending on the season. During the northern hemisphere's summer, the ITCZ moves north towards the Tropic of Cancer, and during the southern hemisphere's summer, it moves south towards the Tropic of Capricorn.

5. What are the impacts of changes in the ITCZ on weather patterns?

Changes in the ITCZ's location and intensity can lead to significant impacts on weather patterns worldwide. For example, a shift in the ITCZ's position can cause droughts in one region while leading to floods in another. Changes in the ITCZ can also affect global temperature and precipitation patterns, potentially leading to extreme weather events.