Whores and Nuclear Science and Work Force Reducition

In summary, a peer reviewed article by Prof. Christos Stremmenos discusses the lack of interest and hostility towards cold fusion in the scientific community. The article also mentions the changing terminology used to describe being fired, and the tendency of some individuals to attack and discredit certain groups or topics. The discussion then turns to the topic of cold fusion, which is not allowed on most forums on Physics Forums due to it being considered against mainstream science and having been proven false in the past. The conversation concludes with a suggestion to post about cold fusion on the Debunking and Skepticism forum, but others caution against it and recommend focusing on practical applications instead. The thread is eventually locked.
Phrak
A peer reviewed article appears.

Evaluations, ideas and proposal upon new energy sources

by Prof. Christos Stremmenos*

BACKGROUND
The hostile attitude which cold fusion has been confronted with since 1989, but even long before, shown also by the bibliography related to the scientific papers of Focardi and Rossi, eventually led to general disinterest and oblivion of this subject. After several years of apparent inaction, the [...]

If I lose my job I am Fired. There is a need among those that do the firing to obscure what they do. Those who have been fired were told that they were Layed Off. Then it was renamed to Downsizing, disassociating the action from the victim. Very clever, and giving the Firee some time to operate under a cloak of confusion. This became too well understood. So then it was called Work Force Reduction. Now, by all the cutting edge departments of human resources[sic], it is called ---bleh, something else that skips my mind, but still very clever. Did I get all this right, or leave any out?

Hookers have their tag changed every few score years or so, apparently after each resurgent attack, replacing the previous euphemism with the next.

In no particular sequence: Paramor, Whore, Lady of the night... I'm sure you could all add to the long historical list. That's the best I could come up with at the spur of the moment without an internet search.

The witch hunters among us seem to obtain a special thrill in hunting them down. (Why?) In general, by those that are "hunted" I mean any category of folks who feel the need to change their categorical tag to avoid torches and pitchforks.

In particular, I refer to the locked Cold Fusion Thread on PF forum.

The Whores of Cold Fusion have renamed themselves. They now experiment with "LENR" (Low Energy Nuclear Reactions). They hide behind 4 letters and are easily spooked and driven into hiding.

I think the Torches and Pitchforks on PF need better supervision, seemingly as happy, given the opportunity, to kill off honest inquiry as dishonest, only motivated to make the next kill or castrate the next student that walks through the PF doors with misconceptions.

Comments, corrections, or attacks?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
The witch hunters among us seem to obtain a special thrill in hunting them down. (Why?) In general, by those that are "hunted" I mean any category of folks who feel the need to change their categorical tag to avoid torches and pitchforks.

Because usually there is a reason they are dismissed as nonsense. And more stuff based on that is not welcome, so many people want to keep them out of serious discussion in science.

Drakkith said:
Because usually there is a reason they are dismissed as nonsense. And more stuff based on that is not welcome, so many people want to keep them out of serious discussion in science.

Good. What is the reason in this case?

Phrak said:
Good. What is the reason in this case?

The case with Cold Fusion is that it isn't mainstream science and therefore is against PF rules to discuss on most of the forum. That and the fact that Cold Fusion has already been looked into and proven false, so it's not real physics. That's all. You could try posting under Debunking and Skeptecism instead of the main forums.

Drakkith said:
You could try posting under Debunking and Skeptecism instead of the main forums.

No, please don't do that.

berkeman said:
No, please don't do that.

Or not. :smile:

If you already had one thread locked, I don't advice opening another one. I'm sure there are other threads about that subject already.

If you really believe cold fusion works, please go build a reactor and start selling it. You will become richer than Bill Gates in no time, as well as doing the world a huge service.

This thread was originally deleted and somehow got accidently restored. I'm locking for now as notice that it may disappear shortly and didn't want members to be confused.

Related to Whores and Nuclear Science and Work Force Reducition

What is the connection between whores and nuclear science?

The connection between whores and nuclear science is that both have been used as symbols of power and destruction. In the past, nuclear scientists were often associated with the development of weapons of mass destruction, while prostitutes were seen as a symbol of moral decay and social corruption. This connection is also evident in popular culture, where characters like the "mad scientist" and the "temptress" are often portrayed as dangerous and seductive.

How does work force reduction affect the field of nuclear science?

Work force reduction can greatly impact the field of nuclear science by reducing the number of experts and professionals available to work on important projects and research. This can result in delays and setbacks in the development and maintenance of nuclear technology, as well as a decrease in the overall quality of work due to a lack of resources and expertise.

What are some potential consequences of reducing the work force in the nuclear science field?

Reducing the work force in the nuclear science field can have several consequences, such as a decrease in the ability to maintain and monitor nuclear power plants, an increase in the risk of accidents and safety hazards, and a decrease in the ability to properly dispose of nuclear waste. It can also lead to a decrease in innovation and progress in the field, as well as a loss of highly skilled and specialized workers.

How does the nuclear science work force compare to other scientific fields?

The nuclear science work force is relatively small compared to other scientific fields. This is due to the highly specialized nature of the work and the strict regulations and training required to work with nuclear technology. Additionally, the negative perception of nuclear science and its potential dangers may discourage people from pursuing careers in this field.

What steps can be taken to address work force reduction in nuclear science?

To address work force reduction in nuclear science, it is important to invest in education and training programs to attract and retain skilled workers. Additionally, promoting a positive image of nuclear science and highlighting its importance in society can help to attract more people to the field. It is also crucial to ensure fair and competitive wages and benefits for workers to encourage job satisfaction and retention.

Back