Who Is the New Math Enthusiast Joining Our Forum?

• Thread starter Complex Root
  • Start date
In summary, the purpose of this message is to introduce oneself as a new member and potentially establish connections within the scientific community. As a scientist, the speaker has a degree in a specific field, experience with scientific methods and data analysis, and critical thinking skills. They were inspired to become a scientist due to their curiosity about the natural world and the potential to make new discoveries. The speaker specializes in a specific research area and focuses on a particular topic with the goal of achieving a certain purpose. They are open to collaboration and can be reached through email, social media, or professional networking events and conferences.
Complex Root
Hi, I have just joined this forum. I am an independent learner in Mathematics and Physics, and hold a batchelor's degree in Mathematics, and have formerly worked as a software developer. I have over past couple of years been re-teaching myself Maths/Physics, greatly assisted by the wonderful resources now available online. I hope to share some of my thoughts online also, and hope some of my posts will be helpful on here.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Please take some time to read our site rules in the link below and be aware that we focus on mainstream STEM subjects and don't discuss personal theories or speculative science.

I just saw your comment on the "Newtons/Force" question.

I got to say it was a terrific answer :cool::eek:.
The diagram,the equations and writing were so nice I would have liked it twice if I could. ;)

Nonetheless, I fear the OPmight not understand the mathematics.
He did not seem very accustomed to mechanics, but if he does not understand it you still helped him out by providing the "mental tools" (equations) for constructing the box, as well as the information that there are calculators for it.
Keep up the good work :smile:

EDIT: I might have gonea little overboard but the basic point remains.

Last edited:
Thanks Tazerfish, appreciate your comment. I use Tikz for diagramming which is a fantastic tool. The gas spring is an interesting problem and a good exercise to work through. The maths is fun, but I just wanted to quote the end result, though I could supply a derivation if anyone was interested (it just requires some basic trig and geometry).

I looked a tiny bit into Tikz because you said it was a "fantastic tool" and i got to say, although it seems very sleek and versatile it also looks a little complicated for a program/language(what exactly is it ?) which just makes graphics.
I guess until i need to make a lot of diagrams, graphics, etc. or a well made one for a presentation i will stick to drawing ugly stuff in paint o0).
(I am just a eleventh grade student(in germany) right now and not a particularly hard working one at that so please excuse my attitude :biggrin:)

By the way, you do not have to go through the trouble of putting up a derivation.
I actually think i could do it myself (probably/hopefully) and figuring it out on my own is significantly more rewarding(if i get around to actually doing it).
PS:The formula with the cos psi on one side does not look like its derivation would fit well with my definition of fun :wink:
I like math don't get the wrong idea, that formula just looks like it would be tedious to derive.
PPS:This post just makes me seem like i am the laziest person on the planet:DD

This member introductions ONLY. Please start a thread in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

Related to Who Is the New Math Enthusiast Joining Our Forum?

1. What is the purpose of this message?

The purpose of this message is to introduce oneself as a new member and to potentially start a conversation or establish connections within the scientific community.

2. What qualifications or expertise do you have?

As a scientist, I have a degree in a specific field of science and have conducted research in that area. I also have experience with scientific methods, data analysis, and critical thinking skills.

3. What inspired you to become a scientist?

I have always been curious about the world and how things work. Science allows me to explore and understand the natural world and make new discoveries that can benefit society.

4. What type of research do you do?

I specialize in [insert specific research area]. My research focuses on [insert specific research topic] and aims to [insert goal or purpose of research].

5. How can we collaborate or connect with you?

I am always open to collaboration and connecting with other scientists. You can reach me through email, social media, or through professional networking events and conferences.