White peppercorns and green peppercorns

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Green
In summary, the different colors of peppercorns taste different, and the peppercorn medley has black, pink, white, and green peppercorns.
tribdog
I just bought some pepper. I didn't know what kind to get so I bought the kind that has its own grinder built in. Then I had to chose between the black peppercorns or the peppercorn medley. I got the medley and it has black peppercorns, pink peppercorns, white peppercorns and green peppercorns. What's the difference? And if you say color I'm going to flip you off.

Physics news on Phys.org

Jee,z I don't want to be flipped off, so I'm not going to be the one who tells him.

Each color tastes slightly different. Try.

Are they different varieties? or are they like green, yellow, red peppers just different ripeness.

hypatia said:
Jee,z I don't want to be flipped off, so I'm not going to be the one who tells him.

where the hell have you been?

Pink peppercorns are from an entirely different bush, a different species of the black pepper . And white pepper is black pepper that has fully matured and has had the skin taken off.

Is your birthday really Halloween? That explains so much.

Borek said:
Each color tastes slightly different. Try.

okay, how do I tell them apart?

Why as a matter of fact I've been to Hell.
http://www.hell2u.com/"
And yes my real BD is Halloween.

Last edited by a moderator:

you haven't been to hell til you've been to Arizona

Ive been to AZ a hundred times, it gets hot as Hell, but just doent have the cute tee shirts. You know the ones"My friend went to Hell and brought me back this shirt".

hypatia said:
Ive been to AZ a hundred times, it gets hot as Hell, but just doent have the cute tee shirts. You know the ones"My friend went to Hell and brought me back this shirt".

you have not been to AZ a hundred times. I don't believe you. I've only been to AZ maybe 9 times and I've lived here for 20 years. I've told you a million times not to exaggerate

OK alright already ...maybe it was only 80 times. But it sure felt like 100

why are you hiding?

Okay, thanks a lot everyone. I took apart the grinder so that I could pull out different colored peppercorns and now I can't get it back together.

Related to White peppercorns and green peppercorns

1. What is the difference between white peppercorns and green peppercorns?

White peppercorns and green peppercorns come from the same plant, but are harvested at different stages of ripeness. White peppercorns are fully ripe and have been dried and the outer layer removed, while green peppercorns are harvested before they fully ripen and are used fresh or preserved in brine or vinegar.

2. What are the health benefits of white peppercorns and green peppercorns?

Both white peppercorns and green peppercorns contain antioxidants, which can help boost the immune system and protect against diseases. They also have anti-inflammatory properties and may aid in digestion. However, consuming them in excessive amounts may cause digestive discomfort.

3. Can I substitute white peppercorns for green peppercorns in a recipe?

Yes, you can substitute white peppercorns for green peppercorns in most recipes. However, keep in mind that white peppercorns have a stronger and more pungent flavor, so you may need to adjust the amount used in the recipe.

4. How should I store white peppercorns and green peppercorns?

Both white peppercorns and green peppercorns should be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. It is best to use them within a year of purchase, as they may start to lose their flavor over time.

5. Can I grind white peppercorns and green peppercorns together?

Yes, you can grind white peppercorns and green peppercorns together to create a unique blend of flavors. However, keep in mind that white peppercorns have a stronger flavor, so you may want to use less of them in the blend.