Which university should I choose for chemical engineering?

In summary, the speaker is in a dilemma between two chemical engineering degree options from Newcastle University (UK) and Technical University Munich (Germany). They are seeking insights on which would be the better choice, and mention their interest in bio process engineering. The decision may also depend on the country they want to live in, and the difficulty of the degree. The speaker also mentions the appeal of the Munich area and the party scene in Newcastle, but they would prefer to be in Dachau instead.
sero2000
Hi there people. CUrrently I am in a dilemma. I am applying for a undergraduate program from an institution in my country and they are currently offering me 2 different chemical engineering degrees from 2 different universities which are:

1.)Newcastle University (UK)
2.)Technical University Munich (Germany)

Qn is that i don't know which one would be the better choice.Hopefully you guys can help to give me some insight?? :D

Physics news on Phys.org
What do you want to do after you graduate?

Shaun_W said:
What do you want to do after you graduate?

Well I would want to go into the bio process engineering line. I got a keen interest in biologics currently.

Okay then it mainly depends on what country you want to live in. The Newcastle degree will also probably be quite significantly easier, too.

Shaun_W said:
Okay then it mainly depends on what country you want to live in. The Newcastle degree will also probably be quite significantly easier, too.

The Munich area is just incredible though.

Rebooter said:
The Munich area is just incredible though.

But Newcastle is one of Britain's party hotspots. Wouldn't you just love to party with these classy females?

1595310544_29cbfc140c.jpg

Shaun_W said:
But Newcastle is one of Britain's party hotspots. Wouldn't you just love to party with these classy females?

1595310544_29cbfc140c.jpg

I'd rather be in Dachau ;)

Pre-1945 :-p

Related to Which university should I choose for chemical engineering?

1. What are the top universities for chemical engineering?

Some of the top universities for chemical engineering include Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), University of California-Berkeley, University of Texas-Austin, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, and Stanford University.

2. What factors should I consider when choosing a university for chemical engineering?

Factors to consider include the reputation and ranking of the university's chemical engineering program, the availability of research opportunities, the quality of faculty and resources, location and campus environment, and the overall cost and financial aid options.

3. How can I determine which university is the best fit for me?

It is important to consider your personal goals and preferences when choosing a university. Think about what type of learning environment and campus culture you prefer, the size of the university, and the specific areas of chemical engineering that interest you.

4. Are there any specific accreditations I should look for in a chemical engineering program?

Yes, it is important to choose a university with a chemical engineering program that is accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET). This ensures that the program meets rigorous standards for curriculum, faculty, and resources.

5. Can I visit the university and speak with current students or faculty before making my decision?

Yes, it is highly recommended to visit the universities you are considering and attend information sessions, tours, and meet with current students and faculty. This will give you a better sense of the campus culture and the opportunities available for chemical engineering students.