Which textbook has plenty of symbolic intro MECHANICS problems ?

In summary, the student is looking for a textbook with multi-step symbolic problems for first year physics, specifically for the Calculus-based version. They have already looked at some advanced texts but are seeking recommendations for a more appropriate text.
NamaeKana
I passed 1st quarter Physics for Life Sciences with an A last spring. Now I plan to take the Calculus version this winter quarter.

I looked at the the Physics department's example homeworks and exams and they are totally MULTI-step problems, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 steps, symbolic only. They appear to be like 'Physics 4e James S Walker's three dot problems. The exams in this department have no numbers to punch, no calculators, no formula sheets.

Can someone suggest a textbook which has many multi-step symbolic 1st year physics problems ?

Physics news on Phys.org
This Winter Quarter, I'll be taking Physics for Engineers - Mechanics. The textbook for the class has problems with numbers given and the answer has numbers as well. But the Physics Department's homework and exams have no numbers for questions nor answers. They are multi-step symbolic problems. Each step has a symbolic answer that feeds into the next step and finally the answer. So I'm looking for a 1st year Calc based Physics text or set of problems that are symbolic.

I did download PDF/DJVU for some advanced texts, but they are way beyond 1st year Physics. I looked at 1) Introduction To Mechanics by Kleppner, 2) Introduction to Classical Mechanics by Morin, and 3) Classical Mechanics by Goldstein.

Related to Which textbook has plenty of symbolic intro MECHANICS problems ?

1. What is the best textbook for learning symbolic intro mechanics problems?

The best textbook for learning symbolic intro mechanics problems is subjective and varies depending on the individual's learning style and background knowledge. It is recommended to consult with a teacher or academic advisor for personalized recommendations.

2. Are there any textbooks that focus specifically on symbolic intro mechanics problems?

Yes, there are textbooks that specifically focus on symbolic intro mechanics problems. Some popular options include "Introduction to Classical Mechanics" by David Morin and "Classical Mechanics" by John R. Taylor.

3. How can I find a textbook with plenty of practice problems for symbolic intro mechanics?

To find a textbook with plenty of practice problems for symbolic intro mechanics, you can search online for reviews and recommendations from other students and teachers. You can also look for textbooks that have accompanying workbooks or online resources with additional practice problems.

4. Are there any free resources for learning symbolic intro mechanics problems?

Yes, there are free resources available for learning symbolic intro mechanics problems. Some options include online tutorials, video lectures, and practice problems offered by universities or educational websites.

5. Can I use multiple textbooks to supplement my learning of symbolic intro mechanics problems?

Yes, it is common for students to use multiple textbooks to supplement their learning of symbolic intro mechanics problems. This can provide a more comprehensive understanding and allow for different perspectives on the material.