Which sub-forum to post regarding advice related to a book on Philosophy ?

• Thread starter glb_lub
  • Start date
In summary, the individual is seeking advice on the prerequisites for reading a book by author W V O Quine, which uses mathematical logic in the context of philosophy. They inquire about the appropriate sub-forum for asking for book recommendations and are directed to the Philosophy forum.
glb_lub
Hello. I am reading a book by the author W V O Quine and have trouble understanding parts of it. And hence would like to know the prerequisites for reading the book. The book is about philosophy but makes use of mathematical logic. I needed advice regarding what books I should read before reading that book.
Could such a query be asked in the Philosophy forum ?
The book doesn't seem to be a science book else I would have asked in Science book discussion.
Which is the appropriate sub-forum for asking such advice ?
The book is called "From a Logical Point of View - 9 Logico Philosophical essays"

Physics news on Phys.org
glb_lub said:
Could such a query be asked in the Philosophy forum ?
I think that would be appropriate. Be sure to give your query a descriptive title.

Related to Which sub-forum to post regarding advice related to a book on Philosophy ?

1. What is the best sub-forum to post for advice on a book about Philosophy?

The best sub-forum to post for advice on a book about Philosophy would be the "Philosophy" sub-forum. This sub-forum is specifically dedicated to discussions about Philosophy and is likely to have members who are knowledgeable about the subject.

2. Can I post in multiple sub-forums for advice on my book about Philosophy?

Yes, you can post in multiple sub-forums for advice on your book about Philosophy. However, it is recommended to choose one sub-forum that is most relevant to your book and post there to avoid duplicate discussions and confusion.

3. Is there a sub-forum specifically for book reviews on Philosophy?

Yes, there is a sub-forum specifically for book reviews on Philosophy. It is called the "Book Reviews" sub-forum and is a great place to share your book and receive feedback from other members who have read it.

4. Can I ask for specific advice on my book's content in the Philosophy sub-forum?

Yes, you can ask for specific advice on your book's content in the Philosophy sub-forum. However, keep in mind that the members in this sub-forum may have different opinions and perspectives on the subject, so be open to different ideas and feedback.

5. Is it appropriate to post about my book's release and promotion in the Philosophy sub-forum?

No, it is not appropriate to post about your book's release and promotion in the Philosophy sub-forum. This sub-forum is primarily for discussions and advice related to Philosophy, and self-promotion is generally not allowed. Instead, you can post about your book in the "Self-Promotion" sub-forum or other relevant sub-forums with permission from the moderators.