Which Speech Would You Choose: Bush on the Taliban or Bin Laden on the U.S.?

• News
  • Thread starter jobyts
  • Start date
In summary, the NPR's question was about the muslim religion - asking different religious groups about their thoughts when they meet someone with a different belief (atheists, muslims, jews). The specific question I asked was just in my thoughts. Given some of the 'bushisms' out there, his speech would definitely be the funniest whilst also being the worst.
jobyts
Which speech would you attend?

While listening to NPR today morning on the religious tolerance in America, this question popped up in my mind.

If there are simultaneous speeches on
"Why USA attacked Taliban?" by George Bush, and
"Why Taliban attacked USA?" by Bin Laden,

which one would you prefer to attend?

(Assuming the location safety, cost are all the same)

Physics news on Phys.org

George Bush.

I think both would give me a good laugh.

The Bush speech wouldn't be very interesting. We all have a pretty good idea why the US attacked the Taliban, unless you think the whole thing was a conspiracy in which case you aren't expecting anything interesting anyway. If I was forced to go to one I would go to the Bin Ladin speech, but I would be surprised if anything informative was said. My answer is stay home and watch TV

jobyts said:
While listening to NPR today morning on the religious tolerance in America …

what does this have to do with religious tolerance? :confused:

Also, saying "I've seen Bin Laden in person" is a much better story than "I've seen Bush in person"

tiny-tim said:
what does this have to do with religious tolerance? :confused:

The NPR's question was about the muslim religion - asking different religious groups about their thoughts when they meet someone with a different belief (atheists, muslims, jews).
The specific question I asked was just in my thoughts.

Office_Shredder said:
Also, saying "I've seen Bin Laden in person" is a much better story than "I've seen Bush in person"

I suspect that most of the Western public would hold a strong hatred towards you. And boy wouldn't it make the military jealous. :biggrin:

You get closer than the US/UK military in nearly 10 years and all you do is listen to his speech. Just so you can say "I've seen Bin Laden in person".

Given some of the 'bushisms' out there, his speech would definitely be the funniest whilst also being the worst.

If you happen to know where Bin Laden will be speaking next - I"ll gladly pass it on to a few people who would love to hear (find) him.:mad:

Personally, I'd rather hear Bush.

Related to Which Speech Would You Choose: Bush on the Taliban or Bin Laden on the U.S.?

1. What factors should I consider when deciding which speech to attend?

When deciding which speech to attend, you should consider the topic, speaker, location, date and time, and potential benefits or consequences of attending.

2. How do I find out about upcoming speeches?

You can find out about upcoming speeches by checking event calendars, following organizations or speakers on social media, or subscribing to email lists or newsletters.

3. What if I am not able to attend the speech in person?

If you are not able to attend the speech in person, you can look for live streaming or recorded versions of the speech online, or attend a local viewing event if available.

4. How can I prepare for the speech I am attending?

To prepare for the speech you are attending, you can research the topic and speaker, familiarize yourself with the location and logistics, and come up with any questions or discussion points you may have.

5. Is it appropriate to ask questions during the speech?

It depends on the format and rules of the specific speech. Some speeches may allow for audience questions, while others may have a designated Q&A session at the end. If unsure, it is best to ask the event organizers beforehand.