Which Deep Learning Package is Best for Computational Physics?

• Thread starter Photonico
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Choice
In summary, the individual is interested in using deep learning for computational physics but lacks experience in this area. They are seeking recommendations for deep learning packages and have been advised to start by reading books on machine learning and deep learning, such as "The 100 page Book on ML" by Burkiv and "Hands-on book by Geron". These books cover data cleaning, strategies, and core packages in Python and TensorFlow.
Photonico
Hi mates,

I am working in computational physics for condensed matter. I have noticed that there are already some articles using deep learning for computational physics. I want to try this method but I do not have any experience with deep learning or machine learning. The first question is that there are many packages for deep learning, such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, and MxNet. Could I get some recommendations about the choice of deep learning packages?Lu

Technology news on Phys.org
It would seem you really need to step back a bit and read a couple of books on ML and DL.

The 100 page Book on ML by Burkiv is a good start as is the Hands-on book by Geron

http://themlbook.com/

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1098125975/?tag=pfamazon01-20

The hands-on book has a project template at the end and talks about cleaning your data which is an important aspect of ML and DL.

Both books cover the various strategies and the core packages in Python and Tensorflow.

• Informative
Likes berkeman