Which class should I drop for an easier semester?

• Thread starter Ryuk1990
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Class Drop
In summary, the speaker is considering dropping either Globalization or Philosophy and Social Ethics for an easier semester. They are unsure which class is usually harder, but based on the syllabus, Globalization may have slightly more work. However, the speaker believes that the class they are more interested in will likely be the easier one.
Ryuk1990
I want to have an easier semester and I'm thinking about dropping either Globalization or Philosophy and Social Ethics. Which of these classes is usually harder? I know this may vary by professor and the university but in general which of these subjects is more difficult?

Based off the syllabus for both classes, they seem to have the same amount of work. Globalization might have a little more work. The other class is late in the afternoon though so it's tough to decide.

Physics news on Phys.org
As a rule of thumb, the easier class is the one you are more interested in. Which one is that?

I cannot determine which class you should drop as it ultimately depends on your individual strengths and preferences. However, I can provide some objective insights that may help you make a decision. While it is true that the difficulty of a class can vary by professor and university, in general, both Globalization and Philosophy and Social Ethics are considered challenging subjects. Globalization involves the study of complex economic, political, and cultural systems, while Philosophy and Social Ethics delves into the exploration of moral and ethical principles. Ultimately, the level of difficulty may also depend on your personal interest in the subject matter and your ability to understand and apply the concepts. I recommend carefully considering your strengths and priorities before making a decision to drop either class. Additionally, you may want to speak with your professors or academic advisors for more personalized guidance.

Related to Which class should I drop for an easier semester?

1. Should I drop a class if I am struggling with the material?

It depends on several factors. If you have tried your best and are still struggling, it may be worth considering dropping the class. However, make sure to talk to your professor and academic advisor first to see if there are any resources or support available to help you improve in the class. Dropping a class should be a last resort.

2. Will dropping a class affect my GPA?

Yes, dropping a class can impact your GPA. If you drop a class early in the semester, it may not affect your GPA as much as dropping it later on. However, if you are struggling in a class and think it may significantly lower your GPA, it may be worth considering dropping it and retaking it in the future.

3. How many classes can I drop in a semester?

This varies depending on your school's policies. Some schools may have a limit on the number of classes you can drop in a semester, while others may not have any restrictions. It is important to check with your school's academic policies before dropping a class.

4. Will dropping a class affect my financial aid?

It may. If dropping a class puts you below the minimum number of credits required for full-time status, it could affect your financial aid. Additionally, some scholarships or grants may have specific requirements for maintaining eligibility, so dropping a class could potentially impact those as well. Be sure to check with your financial aid office before making any decisions.

5. Can I drop a class at any point during the semester?

It depends on your school's policies. Some schools may have a deadline for dropping a class without it appearing on your transcript, while others may allow you to drop a class at any point during the semester. It is important to check with your school's academic calendar and policies before dropping a class.