Whether to sell my Science and Nature journal hardcopies

In summary, there is no market for science journals that are 10 years old, and the Drugs journal may not be worth selling.
minimal
Hi all - I have a few questions.

Well, one, actually. So I have about 10 years (2000-2010) worth of hardcopy Science, Nature, and Nature Medicine journals, each. I was thinking of selling these, but I'm not sure if there is a market for them. I have been checking ebay for a while and I don't see any scientific peer reviewed journals at all.
Do you think there's a market? What do you think I should sell them for? Do you think I should sell them as one collection (10 years) per journal? Or yearly, or monthly?

Thanks

Oh yeah I also have the journal Drugs but I figured no one would want that.

Physics news on Phys.org
Really? My graduate advisor just dumped on us tons of copies of books of journal articles. He said do whatever you want with them. I don't know if anyone will be willing to buy that, given that all the faculty, students, and most researchers may have already access to those major journals (hence get an electronic copy).

" I don't know if anyone will be willing to buy that, given that all the faculty, students, and most researchers may have already access to those major journals (hence get an electronic copy)."

Yes I thought the same, but I figured most people don't have the original hard copy. I can't tell from your post whether or not you have copy printouts, or the actual original journals themselves. And yeah, the market would be limited to people that either

a) want an original physical copy as opposed to electronic
or
b) are interested in science but have no access to peer reviewed journals

ah well I'll probably just throw a few individual copies up and see if they sell

Who knows. Perhaps a collector might want them, but bound books are quickly losing their value.

Maybe contact those whose articles appear, and point them towards your eBay auction? ;-)

Okay, so they probably already have one, and grungy / crumpled up copies aren't likely to sell (but new or mint would probably do decently!)

Related to Whether to sell my Science and Nature journal hardcopies

1. Should I sell my Science and Nature journal hardcopies?

The decision to sell your Science and Nature journal hardcopies ultimately depends on your personal preferences and needs. Consider factors such as the value of the journals, how often you refer to them, and if you have digital copies available.

2. How do I determine the value of my Science and Nature journals?

The value of your Science and Nature journals can vary depending on factors such as their condition, rarity, and demand. You can research prices of similar journals online or consult with a reputable antique book dealer for an appraisal.

3. Can I make a profit by selling my Science and Nature journals?

It is possible to make a profit by selling your Science and Nature journals, but it is not guaranteed. Factors such as the market demand and condition of your journals can affect the selling price. It is important to do research and set a reasonable price to increase your chances of making a profit.

4. Are there any alternatives to selling my Science and Nature journals?

If you are hesitant about selling your Science and Nature journals, there are other options you can consider. These include donating them to a library or educational institution, gifting them to a fellow scientist, or keeping them as a personal collection.

5. What is the best way to sell my Science and Nature journals?

The best way to sell your Science and Nature journals depends on your preferences and the value of the journals. You can sell them online through platforms such as eBay or Amazon, or through a reputable antique book dealer. It is important to research and compare prices and fees to determine the best selling method for you.