Where to Submit my Oddball Paper?

• Thread starter Virgil
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Paper
In summary, the conversation revolves around a paper that covers particle physics, logic, linguistics, and mathematics. The paper proposes a new axiom to be added to ZFC and condenses a large amount of material into few pages. The linguistics aspect is crucial but may not be well-received by a physics journal. The author does not have an academic degree or previous publications and is seeking advice on where to submit the paper. However, further discussion on this matter is not allowed on the forum.
Virgil
I have just finished writing a paper that deals with particle physics (primarily neutrinoless double beta decay), but also introduces certain innovations to important concepts in logic, linguistics, and mathematics. (For example, I propose that a new axiom be added to ZFC.) It is not a long paper, and condenses a very large amount of material into relatively few pages. The linguistic component is really pivotal to a rigorous exposition of my theory, though I'm afraid it might seem extraneous to the editor of a physics journal. To make matters more interesting, I might add that I do not have an academic degree in any of the aforementioned disciplines, nor am I previously published. What I'm looking for here is some advice on where I should submit the thing. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Closed, pending moderation.

Zz.

We suggest that you contact a professional in the area to seek such an advise. Alternatively, you should pay attention to the publications that you used in developing you work and seek out the journals that they were published in.

Further discussion on this matter is not allowed per the intent of the PF Rules on speculative, personal theories.

Zz.

Related to Where to Submit my Oddball Paper?

1. Where can I find a list of journals that accept oddball papers?

There are several resources you can use to find a list of journals that accept oddball papers. Some options include searching through online databases such as Scopus or Web of Science, checking the websites of specific journals, or asking colleagues in your field for recommendations.

2. How do I determine which journal is the best fit for my oddball paper?

When deciding where to submit your oddball paper, it's important to consider the scope and audience of the journal. Look for journals that have previously published similar topics and make sure your paper aligns with their aims and scope. You can also reach out to the journal's editorial team for guidance.

3. Do I need to pay a fee to submit my oddball paper to a journal?

Many journals do charge a submission fee for papers, including oddball papers. However, there are also many open access journals that do not charge fees for submissions. It's important to research the specific journal's policies beforehand to avoid any surprises.

4. How do I ensure my oddball paper is properly reviewed by the journal?

The best way to ensure your oddball paper is properly reviewed is to carefully follow the submission guidelines and format your paper according to the journal's specifications. This will make it easier for reviewers to evaluate your paper and increase your chances of acceptance.

5. Can I submit my oddball paper to multiple journals at once?

It is generally not recommended to submit your oddball paper to multiple journals at once. This can be seen as unethical and could result in your paper being rejected by all journals. Instead, carefully select one journal that is the best fit for your paper and submit it there first. If it is rejected, you can then consider submitting to another journal.