Changing the editor of my submitted paper

• Other
  • Thread starter PeteSampras
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Paper
In summary, the speaker has submitted a paper to a physics journal and received a second revision with four satisfactory responses and two new comments. However, the editor was changed after this and the speaker is questioning the reason for the change and if the process will start over with the new editor. They are also wondering if the one month delay with the new editor is a bad sign. The person they are speaking to suggests contacting the journal for clarification.
PeteSampras
Dear,

I have submitted a paper currently to one journal of physics. The first revision had 5 point. In the second revision four of them was answered satisfactory, but the point 5 was comented and add other two new coments. After this, the revision changed of editor.

What could be the reason of the change of editor?.
The processed starts from zero with the new editor?. Are new referees?
It is a ill signal that one month has passed from the new editor?.

Physics news on Phys.org
PeteSampras said:
Dear,

Who are you addressing? And who are you calling "Dear"?

I have submitted a paper currently to one journal of physics. The first revision had 5 point. In the second revision four of them was answered satisfactory, but the point 5 was comented and add other two new coments. After this, the revision changed of editor.

What could be the reason of the change of editor?.
The processed starts from zero with the new editor?. Are new referees?
It is a ill signal that one month has passed from the new editor?.

Why can't you write to the journal and ask?

Zz.

The change in editor could be due to anything really, including many reasons that have nothing to do with your paper... illness, editor stepping down, family emergency etc.

I would expect that the whole process won't start over since they already have referee reports, but the editors do run the show and so the new one does have that option. If it's really bothering you, as Zz suggested you can contact the journal.

Related to Changing the editor of my submitted paper

1. How can I change the editor of my submitted paper?

To change the editor of your submitted paper, you will need to contact the journal's editorial office. They will be able to guide you through the process and provide you with any necessary forms or instructions.

2. Can I request a specific editor for my paper?

While you can request a specific editor for your paper, the final decision on who will handle your submission ultimately lies with the journal's editorial board. However, you can state your preference in your cover letter or during the submission process.

3. Is there a fee for changing the editor of my paper?

This may vary depending on the journal's policies and procedures. Some journals may charge a fee for changing the editor of your paper, while others may not. It is best to check with the journal's editorial office for more information.

4. Can I change the editor after my paper has been accepted?

In most cases, it is not possible to change the editor after your paper has been accepted. This is because the editor has already made a decision on your submission and is overseeing the publication process. However, you can contact the journal's editorial office to inquire about any possible options.

5. How long does it take to change the editor of a submitted paper?

The time it takes to change the editor of a submitted paper can vary depending on the journal's procedures and workload. It is best to contact the editorial office for an estimated timeline and to follow up if you do not hear back within a reasonable amount of time.