Where to find answers for "Mechanical Vibration" textbook (Haym Baneroya)?

In summary, the conversation discusses the lack of answers and solutions in a book and the best way to use it. The speaker suggests finding a similar textbook with solutions or following a four-step process to check answers. They also mention the importance of a reasonableness check.
Mohrcircle
IF90wCIDL_Mpv-XAjFUl_OkJZZK7JDPy87p8VbAIwKKMpqkKkxKDTERxxcESlkBb9j6bpHNUiKNivhEbRUQxxIZl29ORLjhK.jpg

I really liked this book but the problems don't have answers at all (not even numerical one's at the back of the book). There is not even a solution manual to download or buy online. How am I supposed to use this book otherwise?

Attachments

• IF90wCIDL_Mpv-XAjFUl_OkJZZK7JDPy87p8VbAIwKKMpqkKkxKDTERxxcESlkBb9j6bpHNUiKNivhEbRUQxxIZl29ORLjhK.jpg
    IF90wCIDL_Mpv-XAjFUl_OkJZZK7JDPy87p8VbAIwKKMpqkKkxKDTERxxcESlkBb9j6bpHNUiKNivhEbRUQxxIZl29ORLjhK.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 645
Physics news on Phys.org
Instructor Solution Manuals are not generally available to students (even those who are self-studying). Your best bet may be to find a similar textbook that does publish the solutions to half of the problems in the back of the book...

Mohrcircle said:
How am I supposed to use this book otherwise?

The intended use is this way: (1) you read the book, (2) you think carefully about what it says, (3) you work the problems on your own, and (4) you check your answers. You'll be amazed at how well it works and how much you will learn.

Dr.D said:
(4) you check your answers.
Check them by doing the problems two different ways? Is that what you mean?

Sometimes doing the problem by a second method is the best way. Other times, you can simply substitute your final results back into your initial equations to verify that you do in fact have a solution. This last presumes that you had the correct equations to start.

PS: The ot her check that should always be done is the "reasonableness check." Does the answer make sense, or is it out of the ball park?

Last edited:
Likes berkeman
I guess I will use good old inman book for problems for now. Thanks for help anyways.

Likes berkeman

Related to Where to find answers for "Mechanical Vibration" textbook (Haym Baneroya)?

1. Where can I find a digital copy of the "Mechanical Vibration" textbook by Haym Baneroya?

A digital copy of the textbook can be found on various online platforms such as Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Google Books.

2. Are there any online resources or study guides available for the "Mechanical Vibration" textbook?

Yes, there are several online resources and study guides available for the "Mechanical Vibration" textbook. Some examples include Chegg, Course Hero, and Study.com.

3. Is there a solutions manual for the problems in the "Mechanical Vibration" textbook?

Yes, the solutions manual for the textbook can be found on the publisher's website or on sites such as Chegg and Course Hero.

4. Are there any video lectures or tutorials available for the "Mechanical Vibration" textbook?

Yes, there are several video lectures and tutorials available on YouTube and other educational websites such as Khan Academy and MIT OpenCourseWare.

5. Is the "Mechanical Vibration" textbook available in different languages?

As of now, the textbook is only available in English. However, there may be translated versions available in other languages in the future.